• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Pop Team Epic Producer Kotaro Sudo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merxamers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sudo: I told them (AC Department) they could do anything they wanted and they wanted to create BOBNEMIMIMMI.

Quote:
Sudo: Originally, I was thinking of making this anime 15 minutes long, but because the TV broadcast is about 30 minutes long so I decided to do a Part A and Part B. I made the decision to repeat the same scenes and the same phrases. I thought it was best to use different voice actors for those segments.

Geez, the translation must have been a rough time, because he just sounds like a robot here. I'm hoping for a season 2 as well, even if i have more than a couple friends who are baffled by it, at best Anime hyper
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I get that the manga-ka, director, or producer may have not seen it yet, but I am curious what any of them thinks of the Eng. dub.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 am Reply with quote
I must say,I was surprised when I read the interview with Mr. Sudo. He sounds reasonably sane. Not the sort of person you'd expect to see on such a bonkers anime like "Pop Team Epic." I can only imagine what everyone at Funimation must have been thinking when they first saw this. I will say this. This...show...is...WEIRD! No ifs,ands,or buts about it. It's one of the most bizarre shows I've ever seen in my life,and trust me. I've seen some strange stuff in my life.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Producer Kotaro Sudo, whose resume includes a variety of anime such as Seitokai Yakuindomo

Can we please get more Seitokai Yakuindomo in English? Crunchyroll? Sentai? Discotek? Anyone?

As for PTE, I’m still in love with the randomness of this show, and I’m happy for them that so many of their seemingly random experiments — maybe “anarchic” is a better word — came off so well. Also, there is nothing more funny than seeing the butthurt of non-fans on the Toonami FB page every time a new PTE clip goes up. The agreed-upon response is to reply to the haters’ rants with a quick “Are you upset?”
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1