• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected' Novel Series Ends With 14th Volume

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The 13th volume will ship on November 24, and the 14th volumes will ship in December.

Official sources beg to differ:
http://gagagabunko.jp/release/index.html
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/320950114355118090/492191301496733696/tumblr_pfc0e7Rpsn1rzp45wo1_640.png

Volume 13 - October 18
Volume 14 - November 20

The November 24 date is for vol.13 of the Oregairu Monologue manga
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 am Reply with quote
I demand another season to finish this series. Haha
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
Thought it would at least go up to 15 but okay I guess.
It was a good run
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:

²²²²²²²²²
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:37 am Reply with quote
Never overstayed its welcome, this series.

But I still prefer the anime version for having trimmed some annoying fat in the books (at the cost of minimal characterization, a rare case).
Hatsushi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:

Considering that the end of Season 2 lightly scratched on the Volume 12 material, it would be hard to make a whole season based on the last three novels. They would have to finish it with OVAs or the last two novels would have to be longer that usual. I would too want to see the end in an animated form though.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
Hatsushi wrote:
Considering that the end of Season 2 lightly scratched on the Volume 12 material, it would be hard to make a whole season based on the last three novels. They would have to finish it with OVAs or the last two novels would have to be longer that usual. I would too want to see the end in an animated form though.
I don't think any fan of the series (including me) would mind a 6 or 7 episode tv anime. Kinda like Owarimonogatari Season 2. But it would be a miracle if this actually happened :/
GinPool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:07 am Reply with quote
Now to wait for this to be all translated... rather not turn to illegal online sites like SOME people :S
Dosmundos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 am Reply with quote
There should be enough interest to merit a (short) 3rd season or an anime movie to bring everything to it's well-deserved end..
I mean, if Saekano did it!?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:
Hatsushi wrote:
I don't think any fan of the series (including me) would mind a 6 or 7 episode tv anime. Kinda like Owarimonogatari Season 2. But it would be a miracle if this actually happened :/

A two hours movie will probably work. And having more SNAFU animated will not be a miracle because the 2 seasons did pretty well. Hopefully there is an announcement of more anime content soon.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:00 am Reply with quote
GinPool wrote:
Now to wait for this to be all translated... rather not turn to illegal online sites like SOME people :S

I will never understand this. I'd rather not wait a century. Fan translations are not as toxic as people make them out to be. If anything, they bring more exposure and free advertisement.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
The point is that because of fan translations, there is pretty much no real mptivation to read the legally translated novels. Is that not stiffing the original creator? I mean, I also used to read fan translations but as soon as there is a legal sourve for that series, I wait. Tjough I do read like 50 different series so Im always occupied.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Count me as another who would like to see an anime finish for this series.

And never underestimate the abilities of script writers to pad out a storyline. 3 volumes of Light Novels should be more than enough to fill a 10-12 episode s3.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:09 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
A two hours movie will probably work. And having more SNAFU animated will not be a miracle because the 2 seasons did pretty well. Hopefully there is an announcement of more anime content soon.
I was referring more to the possibility of having half a season instead of a full one. A movie would be pretty sweet.
Furuzaki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
AnimeDuelist15 wrote:
Fan translations are not as toxic as people make them out to be. If anything, they bring more exposure and free advertisement.

Justifying crimes is never a viable argument. An ANN review would bring more exposure and free advertisement too.

You just don't realize how serious copyright crimes actually are, since they are much more toxic than most people think.

PS: Driving a stole car, does that counts as advertising the car's brand? Heck, it might even be on the news. Exposure, isn't that good?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2