• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tetsuya Nomura: Kingdom Hearts Will Not End with Kingdom Hearts III

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 am Reply with quote
Looks like Aqua's got a Dark Mode form similar to that of Riku. That's if she hasn't been 'Norted. And Ventus must be the most physically stunted 16 year old I've ever seen.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
Glad to get a re-verification on Nomura's stance.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
So will Sora turn into Ash? 30 Years later and he remained 16?
If KH3 doesnt give a satisfying and conclusions ending about the whole Xehanort thing, i will be never buy any Game. The Story is so convoluted, i wouldnt be surprised if the devs dont even know what is what anymore..
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
Sheriru wrote:
So will Sora turn into Ash? 30 Years later and he remained 16?
If KH3 doesnt give a satisfying and conclusions ending about the whole Xehanort thing, i will be never buy any Game. The Story is so convoluted, i wouldnt be surprised if the devs dont even know what is what anymore..

Only a year has gone by since KH2. KH3 picks up mere minutes after 3D (and the epilogue of KH0.2). And 3D is the game that helped bring the entire story into focus for the sake of KH3.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
Of course it won't. Why stop now?
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
They really should end it at this point though. The plot that was once so simple and clean back in 2002 has become a convoluted nightmare that each subsequent game has just made worse and worse. But that is not how franchises that become cash cows work...
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
They really should end it at this point though. The plot that was once so simple and clean back in 2002 has become a convoluted nightmare that each subsequent game has just made worse and worse. But that is not how franchises that become cash cows work...

just like final fantasy 13...but kingdom hearts never really had much a plot too begin with, it was just fun too play with Disney and final fantasy characters, they should keep going with it for as long as they can!
though sadly with each year that passes more of the original Vas for the Disney characters pass as well.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
That was pretty obvious, because it would be almost impossible to introduce the last Xehanorts, explain the deal with the master of the keyblade masters and fit the whole end into one game.

Edit: also the story isn't that complicated, just play all games and you will understand it... unless you're an idiot (though of course there are still some questions unanswered)
ICO44

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
That was pretty obvious, because it would be almost impossible to introduce the last Xehanorts, explain the deal with the master of the keyblade masters and fit the whole end into one game.

Edit: also the story isn't that complicated, just play all games and you will understand it... unless you're an idiot (though of course there are still some questions unanswered)

No, its not complicated but it doesn't change that its convoluted. For me KH is fun type of convoluted story that make me want to see what happens next and also having super fun combat helps as well.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
This continuance does not bode well for my OCD. At least with Mass Effect we got some conclusion and then an albeit flimsy spinoff.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:13 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I still play these games for the Disney worlds. I've never cared much for the story. As long as they keep giving me interesting worlds, I'll still play future games.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:22 am Reply with quote
This is old news. We already know the series is continuing, it’s just more of an Avengers 4 kind of conclusion where plot threads wrap up but the characters just keep on going.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:28 am Reply with quote
As a Casual fan of the franchise, what makes franchise hard to follow is how it has so many spinoff side stories with odd numbering. We're not really on KH 3, we're much further down the line. I remember Mario games had the 'main' line on the consoles and the side stories on handhelds and they each had different numbering. While I'm not comparing the stories themselves one could play purely handhelds or purely consoles and be fine. With KH as a franchise you either needed to figuring out the ordering of the handhelds in relation to the console games or wait a few years to pick up a remastered re-release and be terribly behind everyone else.

Its been a bumpy ride, but I'm pure we'll have some developments by KH with all the digits of Pi.
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
H. Guderian wrote:
As a Casual fan of the franchise, what makes franchise hard to follow is how it has so many spinoff side stories with odd numbering. We're not really on KH 3, we're much further down the line. I remember Mario games had the 'main' line on the consoles and the side stories on handhelds and they each had different numbering. While I'm not comparing the stories themselves one could play purely handhelds or purely consoles and be fine. With KH as a franchise you either needed to figuring out the ordering of the handhelds in relation to the console games or wait a few years to pick up a remastered re-release and be terribly behind everyone else.

Its been a bumpy ride, but I'm pure we'll have some developments by KH with all the digits of Pi.

I wouldn't put it past Nomura if the game after KH 3 is KH 3.14159(how many digits should I go up to?)
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:24 pm Reply with quote
This has been knows for at least a decade. I remember vividly that a 4th game would be Sora´s last game but that was before the endless spin-offs convoluted the linear progression. Who even knows now... as the series managed to tie the most convoluted Gordian Knot in all of gaming. Even the Xeno games are earlier to explain at this point.

I went though the the HD collection(s) this year, as my library has all of them, and was surprised how good the combat and character building in KH 2 held up. It´s a legit character action game underneath all the insanity and i even ended up fishing the game with a max level party. Let´s hope that the team will manage to build on those mechanics with KH III as none of the following games measure up game-play wise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2