• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2018 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I can't help but feel like Conception 2 would make a better anime. The stories are completely unrelated, meaning you can play or watch an adaptation of the second game without being familiar with the first.

I guess this is some kind of glorified ad for the remaster? Confused

That would make sense. I was wondering why there was a Conception anime when Conception 2 came out years ago. I suppose it might be interesting to watch since I never played the first game.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
You're all forgetting the wonder that was Pop Team Epic's preview guide

edit: whoops, looks like Zrnzl beat me too it Laughing

Yesssss those "ratings" so killed me when I first saw them Anime hyper
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Though I may arrive a trifle late with this particular pun, I take it that this season was hardly an Immaculate Conception...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
What happened to the A Certain Magical Index III preview?
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
What happened to the A Certain Magical Index III preview?

Since it's finally available in North America starting Friday, you can probably expect a preview sometime late in the day Friday. (I don't know if anyone besides me is caught up enough on the franchise to do it, I and I can't until I get off work.)

EDIT: Okay, so the first episode is up now, but given how late it's coming up, I wouldn't expect to see the preview going up until sometime tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I hope Tsurune: Kazemai Kōkō Kyūdō-bu will get some votes for weekly reviews. Its debut has been delayed until the 21st, so it won't air before the voting is over, but c'mon, it's KyoAni, it ought to be decent. Smile

Just thought I'd give it a shout-out here, since it seemed to be flying kinda under people's radar in the Most Anticipated poll, and not having an episode or reviews in front of us during the voting can't help things. So drop a checkmark on it!
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I hope Tsurune: Kazemai Kōkō Kyūdō-bu will get some votes for weekly reviews. Its debut has been delayed until the 21st, so it won't air before the voting is over, but c'mon, it's KyoAni, it ought to be decent. Smile

Just thought I'd give it a shout-out here, since it seemed to be flying kinda under people's radar in the Most Anticipated poll, and not having an episode or reviews in front of us during the voting can't help things. So drop a checkmark on it!

I know I'll be voting for it. I've been enjoying quite a few KyoAni shows lately. Been going back and watching some of their back-catalog.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I mean... it's the latest from Kyoani, I'm pretty sure even if it was to get literally 0 vote in the poll it would still be covered. If only just because I doubt none of the reviewer will watch it as it air.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:16 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I was checking out My Sister, My Writer due to the OreImo vibe, and like a dozen seconds in I am nearly positive that I heard 'the most annoying voice in anime'. ...
I think I heard about three or four in that opening set! I loved Oreimo but this is something else, Imoto wants to be a kanojo and have everyone accept it as OK right out of the gate...And his illustrator is an F-cup so excited to meet the "author" that she nearly orgasms? Gives new meaning to the question "she has a face?". Passu (not pantsu)...
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
I think I heard about three or four in that opening set! I loved Oreimo but this is something else, Imoto wants to be a kanojo and have everyone accept it as OK right out of the gate...And his illustrator is an F-cup so excited to meet the "author" that she nearly orgasms? Gives new meaning to the question "she has a face?". Passu (not pantsu)...

I don't disagree that multiple of those girls had annoying voices, but I was specifically referencing Theron's description of Flora from Asterisk War as I'm pretty sure the second girl has the same VA and is doing the same style voice.
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:45 am Reply with quote
For now, I'll be watching Attack on Titan, Index, and Release the Spyce.
However, I voted in Conception and Ulysses for potential trash for James Beckett to review.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 am Reply with quote
Kinda surprised that Nick Creamer thought Karakuri was so “fluidly animated.” Like the models were consistent and there were a couple nice cuts of animation but I didn’t think it was on the level of other premiere episodes like Samurai Champloo or One Punch man where I worried they couldn’t maintain that level of animation quality afterwords. Karakuri is significantly longer tho.
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
Is Detective Conan ever going to be in consideration for those Daily Streaming Reviews, or is there no one on staff who has seen the whole series? I've never seen it in the polls even once.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
Kinda surprised that Nick Creamer thought Karakuri was so “fluidly animated.” Like the models were consistent and there were a couple nice cuts of animation but I didn’t think it was on the level of other premiere episodes like Samurai Champloo or One Punch man where I worried they couldn’t maintain that level of animation quality afterwords. Karakuri is significantly longer tho.

The animation might not be the most technically fluid, but the direction and the storyboarding of the episode are really well done; they keep the action going and frame it all very well, which is just as important to maintaining the illusion of motion in cartoons as tossing in a bunch of key frames into a single cut of animation

I can't speak for Nick personally, but this is why I walked away from the premiere being very impressed with the show's visuals, despite its ostensibly more modest production values.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Just watched episode 2 of Iroduku Sekai No Ashita Kara.

This show is SO gorgeous.

Hope it makes it through to streaming reviews based on its technical merits. I'm looking forward to reading the reviews opinions as it goes on week by week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 25