• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Goblin Slayer Anime Listed With 12 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Shame that. I wanted it to be at least two cour

Yeah, I expected this to open with a 2 cour season. Hopefully if it's good it gets an extension announcement with the last episode of the season.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Shame that. I wanted it to be at least two cour

Yeah, I expected this to open with a 2 cour season. Hopefully if it's good it gets an extension announcement with the last episode of the season.

I would love to see Vol 5 adapted. It would have been a very natural place to end a 2 cour series, but ah well.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
At least it will be over soon

Wow! I mean I only speak for myself and a few others I know in real life who have seen it so far but alot of us were really hoping for a 2 course series

I don't mind if other people dislike the show, but I really liked the first episode and would have liked 2 cours. But perhaps it will be successful and get a second season.

I was honestly excepting more hate/angry comments in this thread, so I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of people enjoying the series so far.

I wonder if the person saying "at least it'll be over soon" realizes they don't have to watch the series? Plus ignoring the series helps it go away faster, all the comments from people that dislike the series and/or are hate filled I've seen across the Internet are merely adding to the buzz, each comment and view generates more attention to the very thing they dislike.

It's funny in some way because it's not going to change the mind of those of us that do like Goblin Slayer, but in some maybe minor way the vocal people that dislike the series are generating buzz that might help it get a second season, followed by maybe even a third. So go ahead and add fuel to our fire, us fans will be here awaiting the new season announcement(s).
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:37 am Reply with quote
@HoboSoup It's probably fair to say that the people outwardly offended by the first episode are a vocal minority. That doesn't quite mean that the first episode was widely loved, but I would assume most people off put simply decided to not watch further rather than outright complain about it.

I would say any Goblin Slayer outrage is quieter than that Cross Ange outrage a few years back. While not really true for the manga, the anime version of the rape scene is discreet and relatively tasteful.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I like what I see so far. So I'll stick around.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
I like what I see so far. So I'll stick around.

From what I read from the manga, my prediction is that the first half of the second episode will be a bit tamer while the second half will be about as dark as the first episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2