• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Fall 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't Shingeki no Kyojin pausing or something?
OH&S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Its amusing that Theron got all three of the Dengeki Bunko light novel adaptations this season.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Whew everything I voted for made it in. Surprised
Toonces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I'm a little disappointed (but not surprised) that Conception didn't make it in, as that could have been a fun one to comment on. I'll almost certainly be writing it up at the end of the season.

I was prepared to vote for it, but after watching I didn't think it was worth it. To me it was more grating and just straight up bad as opposed to so bad it's funny. Not sure if there was enough humor (intended or otherwise) to pull from it.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
tfwnoymir wrote:
Shame about Merc Storia and Anima Yell - maybe the first time a show based on a Manga Time Kirara title not being covered at all in a season?

Question They didn't cover Is the Order a Rabbit, Kiniro Mosaic, Anne-Happy, Magic of Stella, etc.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:38 pm Reply with quote
No conception or little sister is slightly disappointing but unsurprising.

I am however surprised Radiant made it in, didn't think there would be much interest in it. Also a bit surprised release the spyce made it, didn't think there would be much interest in it.

Lauren is getting all the "buff boy doing sports" (although I'm not sure how buffed the archery boy are gonna be, still expecting there to be one shirtless scene every 2 episode minimum)

Last edited by meiam on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
jenthehen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I think HiDive is lucky that Bloom Into You and Release the Spyce were pretty hyped since that’s probably why Girl in the Twilight is getting overlooked. They need to work on broadening their streaming platforms and fixing the iOS issues STAT.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote
No HinoZumou... North Americans really hate sports series.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:57 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
tfwnoymir wrote:
Shame about Merc Storia and Anima Yell - maybe the first time a show based on a Manga Time Kirara title not being covered at all in a season?

Question They didn't cover Is the Order a Rabbit, Kiniro Mosaic, Anne-Happy, Magic of Stella, etc.

That's why I put the question mark there, since I'm relatively a new member, so I was not aware. Thank you anyway Smile

Engineering Nerd wrote:
Yeah, I really think someone should cover Tsurune in a weekly manner, it would be unfortunate to miss that show’s coverage just because it will air weeks after the vote cut off

Please! Guys, let’s make it happen!

Lauren is covering it thankfully, so we'll have our weekly dose of archery boys Smile
slusheep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Slime was probably a lock from the get-go, but I guess I always underestimate my favorites. Really glad to see it'll be getting reviews, it seems like a delightful adaptation of one of the few isekai I've really gotten into.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Theron Martin
Sword Art Online: Alicization
A Certain Magical Index III
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

This is surely the most Theron list to ever Theron. Enjoy, Key.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 pm Reply with quote
So close! The only show I voted for that didn't make it was Ms. Vampire, and I sorta knew when voting for it that it didn't have a high chance of making it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I'll check out the SSSS.Gridman reviews and shows, and maybe I'll give Run With the Wind a chance, looks interesting, same thing with Bloom Into You.

Huh, looks like UzaMaid! sucked so bad nobody wants to review it. Can't blame them as not only does it look like two of the most horrid anime/manga ever made, Kodomo no Jikan and Don't Leave Me Alone, Daisy! married and had a mutant child, but lolicon is in my eyes a disease killing our society and making the entire anime/manga genre look bad.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Surprised Hinomaru Isnt getting a review, it seems to be pretty popular on Crunchyroll.

Edit: It's even currently in the top 4. Is ANN's demographic that different from.CR?
lycopene

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:38 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Edit: It's even currently in the top 4. Is ANN's demographic that different from.CR?

Not very many people actually vote on streaming reviews. A few hundred at most, according to various bits of info from Key and Jacob. There are over 805k registered users on the site. So trying to compare demographics from such a small sample size would be a waste of time
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5