• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 27 is the best so far. I love it! It has everything from the poses, the chess battle between 2 VILLAINS, gore, and just visual spectacle. My favorite part was the palette change at the end, it's really unfortunate for Risotto, he got too excited lol.

What I like about this 2nd half is the insanely high stakes for our heroes and even the main boss. We see Doppio get damaged severely here and I can't wait to see how he will fare against our boys in the next one.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I really don’t have too many words for this weeks episode. Absolutely wonderful.
Loved Risotto every moment he was onscreen, I’ve been anticipating his turn in the spotlight, and he didn’t disappoint at all. Goddamn.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

Might wanna cut out his Stand being under-explained because we got a detailed explanation & showing on how his powers work like a while ago.

Oh? so why are people still confused about how King Crimson's power's work?
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 am Reply with quote
^ What exactly are you trying to argue there?
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
While DavidPro's adaptation of JoJo has never been just a cut above a literal slide show in terms of animation as some people have claimed in past, it's also never be a real sakuga-fest either. But episode 27 of GW... Wow. They really are putting their maximum effort into Part 5. Which does make sense as it is Japan's favorite JoJo arc.

Anyway, farewell Risotto, you sweet goth clown assassin. You were robbed of victory but I'm glad that you and your team got a lot of love in the anime.
gravityWall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Makes sense no one wants to talk about last episode. It still hurts...
MalcolmBelmont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Bet it gets 5 stars
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Man, the voice acting really sold this episode's emotional climax. Abbacchio coming to terms with his life and receiving forgiveness at the end, Narancia's hysterical denial, Bucciarati holding it together for everyone else; it hit me emotionally in a way i didn't feel when i first read the manga. Not as flashy as the last episode, but it worked for me.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I was sad af after this episode aired. My sister and I basically screamed at our TV when...

well...you already know.
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:32 am Reply with quote
I wasn't prepared for this. Crying or Very sad Normally there's a lengthy battle where you can brace yourself for impending doom, but just like poor Abbacchio who didn't even get the chance to defend himself let alone fight back, my heart was not ready...

I'm glad he got to finish his job and now will be able to chill in the afterlife with his old buddy while waiting for whoever's up next (i'm not a manga reader but i've watched enough JoJo by now to know that one main character death will not be enough...).
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
NO! ABBACHIO!

You will be missed!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit lost here, so they have the bosses face, what next? Do they match it to a database or do they just need it encase they bump into him on the street. .
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:47 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I'm a bit lost here, so they have the bosses face, what next? Do they match it to a database or do they just need it encase they bump into him on the street. .

Well at the very least they'll be able to recognize him the moment he shows up in front of their face, so the advantageous element of surprise is lost for the boss to just sneak up on them.

But yeah, the most obvious thing to do next is to try searching a database of known criminal records. But if the boss was thorough that might come up empty.

Or they create a sketch from memory (or maybe they made an imprint of it before leaving the scene), and then leaking it around to the entire criminal organization and police, which will make things majorly difficult for the boss from all sides and restrict his movement, even if the boss was thorough enough to wipe out most people who directly knew him. So that alone is a trump card. Though one wonders if the boss would also do what Kira did and get facial surgery.

I think the latter is a solid bet. And we may see the organization split into boss and Buccarati factions and there'll be a civil war.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga, so I knew Abbacchio was gonna die, but I still cried. DP did an amazing job on this episode. This part in the anime definitely surpasses the manga, but of course the manga is still legendary.
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
That was another beautiful episode that also moved me to tears. Abbacchio, I didn't have much feeling for in the manga but the anime gave a very great appreciation for him as Giorno's 1# critic and Bruno's best (boy)friend who's still trying to serve justice and make amends for past sins in his own way.

It's helps that Junichi Suwabe is a very great actor who utterly sells the scene of Leone meeting his dead partner in the afterlife and the rest of the cast are no slouches either with the drama of finding and having to leave behind his body. Daiki Yamashita especially deserves praise for the crying of pure heart-breaking anguish he manged to pull off for Narancia.

Farewell to you, Leone Abbacchio, you ex-cop turn moody goth gangster. May you spend nights in white satin in Heaven : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSACKFnUv4E
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 14