• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan TV Anime Returns Next April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
Well fudge good riddance Season 3 of Attack on Titan has been nothing but garbage im disappointed with this series.

What are you talking about? It’s coming back next year, it literally says so right in the article.

It’s in no way something that is being rid of.
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I knew it. My sister kept insisting this was two cour, 24 episodes, but all the BD listings for it only had enough volumes to cover one cour. I knew this would happen. Still sucks. Spring is so far away.

I wonder if Toonami and Funimation knew this would be split? Clearly not even the press knew until today, so I’m curious when this decision was made?
Hansond Jaysond Lee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:58 pm Reply with quote
that mid credits scene really freaks me out.
not in a "it came out of nowhere" sense (kinda that), but it's more disturbing since the episode was so lighthearted and it suddenly turned into a dark, bloody time skip into the future.

it was overall an underwhelming adaptation of the uprising arc.
if they were gonna air the next part next year anyway, why not spend an extra episode or two adapting some scenes that they cut from the manga?
the stuff that the cut aren't action heavy scenes anyway.
really. the only aspect of the anime adaptation of this arc that's better than the manga counterpart was only the pacing.
I thought, from episode 6 onward, it really felt like they are rushing everything.
by "rushing", I mean "let's get this over with so we can move on to the next arc".
although the pacing of the manga was soooo painfully slow, everything else was handled better in the manga version.

anyway, I'm still excited for the next arc, since it's more straightforward compare to this arc and it's a lot more action focused.
and btw, why not call the next season "Season 4" intead of "Season 3 Part 2"?
This delay it's actually a good news, because by the time the next part end, there will be enough manga material to adapt season 4 straight away.
and if they follow the yearly format, material for season 5 will be available when season 4 ends.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I expected this to happen and I don't mind it, really. If they need more time, then so be it, I want to see the next arc in its full glory after all.

What does bother me (even though it's such a minor thing) is... well, why still call it Season 3 then? With such a long "break" I'd rather have them call it Season 4.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
minidynz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for next year Attack on titan's new arc. I know this will the worth wait. The next arc will be bloody and more actions that's why they need to have a break.
My 2019 anime that I can't wait to watch next year:
- One Punch Man
- My Hero Academia
- Attack on titan
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Bunch of fu*kers --'
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping this would be a continuous double cour, but I don't mind that it's split, because it's still so much better than the break between season 1 & 2 when we had no idea if or when the series would be animated again.

It also gives the manga more time to get ahead in a way that will hopefully allow the anime staff to plan season 4 as soon as possible.
Crystalblade13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
Well fudge good riddance Season 3 of Attack on Titan has been nothing but garbage im disappointed with this series.

You won't be saying that next season. It's the best in the whole series EASILY
catandmouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote
So if it's resuming back in April 2019, wouldn't it make more sense to call it season 4?
Akira525

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:

You do realize it was only the Uprising Arc right? The Beast Titan Arc starts now.
MadHi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm Reply with quote
The show's piss poor production and airing schedule, not to mention it's mediocre story but that's just my opinion (deal with it), is the reason I dropped it. And the manga's art is just bad.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
The show's piss poor production and airing schedule, not to mention it's mediocre story but that's just my opinion (deal with it), is the reason I dropped it. And the manga's art is just bad.

Ya know just saying "its my opinion" doesn't excuse a comment that appears to be trying to piss people off.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:

MadHi wrote:

These opinions have nothing to do with the article, MeliodasWarrior and MadHi. So keep them in your skull or don't come here at all.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, as long as we see more AoT, this good news. More AoT is always good.
Vizo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda glad to hear it. AoT is alright but I have too many other shows to watch this season. Anime for Spring 2019 already looks promising.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3