• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan TV Anime Returns Next April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
While Anime fans might hate this, but in a way it's also a blessing. It gives the manga time to properly wrap up the final arc.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 pm Reply with quote
catandmouse wrote:
So if it's resuming back in April 2019, wouldn't it make more sense to call it season 4?

It would if that was how it was ordered, but this was not an intentional break. It was meant to have a typical 3 month split, but has been pushed back because of how tragically behind the production is. Having 6 months now instead of 3 is going to help a lot, it won't fix many issues still, but a death sentence of a production schedule is now a little closer to a normal bad production schedule.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:28 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
I am actually REALLY happy that season 3 is a split cour, because next 12 episodes will be the most action-intensive and emotional part of the AOT franchise, as well as answering most of the questions and connecting all loose threads. it deserves the Top Tier Animation.

Please, WIT (as well as its mother company and part of AOT production committee Production IG) and Kodansha, take your time and make season 3 part 2 AS EPIC AS you can!!!!! I am dying to see those breath-taking action scenes animated!!

PS: In case any anime-only audience cannot bear the wait, you can start from Manga Chapter 73 (Official Compiled volume 18) , it is available already in English and other major languages. Wink

Yeah, this is good from what people have said about what's coming up. The wait's not even that long for the tradeoff of more great action animation that I love from this series.

I really enjoyed this arc even after all the talk of how comparatively weak it is so I'm really excited to get into the next one given all vague hints I've read while trying to avoid spoilers about how the action is going to be coming back full force and especially for those that missed it in this last arc.

minidynz wrote:
I can't wait for next year Attack on titan's new arc. I know this will the worth wait. The next arc will be bloody and more actions that's why they need to have a break.
My 2019 anime that I can't wait to watch next year:
- One Punch Man
- My Hero Academia
- Attack on titan

Right? Gonna be glorious.
Chrizy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 am Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
The show's piss poor production and airing schedule, not to mention it's mediocre story but that's just my opinion (deal with it), is the reason I dropped it. And the manga's art is just bad.

"just my opinion (deal with it)" What?? What's with the attitude? It's like you want to be intimidating yet your cowardice is preventing you from sounding tough. Laughing
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 am Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
The show's piss poor production and airing schedule, not to mention it's mediocre story but that's just my opinion (deal with it), is the reason I dropped it. And the manga's art is just bad.

I can't take this seriously when you have a Gundam Age profile pic. A show that was dismissed by many for the exact same reasons you listed for hating AoT. Although replace "manga's art" with "anime art".

This is not me hating on Age (although it is FAR from the best Gundam can offer), but instead pointing out the irony coming from a lack of historical perspective and (likely) maturity.

I will say this though...your comment will not Age well.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:50 am Reply with quote
After reading the next arc, I can see why they would take a break here. There's no way they could just jump into this without any planning. Too much riding on this to animate on the fly.
FormX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:07 am Reply with quote
Nobody here informed of WIT Studio's new moniker?

WAIT Studio
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:55 am Reply with quote
Man i hate Wit Studio, they constantly take forever to finish an anime and they have more delays than anime series
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
Man i hate Wit Studio, they constantly take forever to finish an anime and they have more delays than anime series

You should hate them more for the way they treat their animators. This delay is a product of them over promising with the intention of abusing their workforce to get it done. They never should've promised this as 2 cour to begin with. It was impossible from the beginning.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3