• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:24 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Cryten wrote:
Goblins not withstanding Rimuru has solved the following problems by saying lets be friends and the person going "Oh your nice, okay!"

There was a bit more than just agreeing to be friends because he was nice. Smile
- Miliam - outwitted her.
Well if you call shoving some honey in her mouth "outwitting" then "I guess" but the end result was indeed "let's be friends" and she said "OK!". Also a really small nit, she's Milim with no "a", I kept doing that too. Actually, a better list of potential antagonists that agreed to be friends unusually quickly would be
King Dwargo
Vesta
Reps of Blumund, Falmuth
Demon Lord Carrion
While one can always say they had (potentially) valid reasons to do so, it was striking how one-sided and almost substance less the agreements were. Rimuru just says "let's agree to X" and they all say "OK" with no preconditions as if they were going to do that all along despite sending openly hostile emissaries.

@Random Name He didn't consume Big C, just some of the scales but maybe it'll turn out he can replicate those. Not even a little heartburn either...
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:35 am Reply with quote
This is basically where I put the manga on hold to watch the anime, so I'm looking forward to the new (for me) content (even if it is for only a couple of episodes more). Too bad they skipped the parts in-between these two arcs as I would have liked to have seen that animated, but I guess they really have a part they want to end on.
If there's a second season, hopefully they can shuffle the missing parts in Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:21 am Reply with quote
XerBlade wrote:
Per the current standard model in neuroscience as we understand it, unless they have brain damage, the human brain never forgets anything. The issue with not remembering things isn't retention, it's recall.

I don't believe that. If a person can't recall something how can they know they still retain it? I realize there are differences between retention and recall, but since the brain fills in a lot of stuff that isn't even there, misses things that are, and is continuously rearranging itself as cells die off and new experiences are processed, "never forgets anything" sounds impossible to prove.

This is probably not the place for this discussion though. Smile
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:21 am Reply with quote
I initially thought that the anime would stop at the end of vol 4 and then they would announce another season to not end on an ongoing arc but this week's episode skipped 3/4 of vol 4 so i'm now expecting them to adapt until the first half of vol 5 which would make another season less possible.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
I initially thought that the anime would stop at the end of vol 4 and then they would announce another season to not end on an ongoing arc but this week's episode skipped 3/4 of vol 4 so i'm now expecting them to adapt until the first half of vol 5 which would make another season less possible.

This really will end at vol 4. The main story only has 3 eps left cos 24 and 25 will be side story episodes.
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I knew that this would happen when the staff said to adapt all the manga until today, by order of the committee, the thing is that at least if they leave with a certain scene spoiler[like that where rimuru is defeated by Hinata, shut the mouth of those brainless haters]
it will be an epic ending.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Fairly funny ep. Matrix reference and damn he showed the actual cover of the Altair manga
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh god they have ruined the moment where rimuru is confused with a goddess, has been lost T___T
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh god they have ruined the moment where rimuru is confused with a goddess, has been lost Anime cry
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, for once in a long while an episode where things happened logically and with reason. Rimuru earned everything he got and was quite satisfying, if I say so myself being a brainless hater... Smile

Edit-vv I'd say lets try that method, it might work. After all, we might find "binding" the Superior Spirits might possibly be mutually agreed, unlike Ifrit. They are superior after all, they might understand and want to help. Also, Big R hasn't put the kids through much too this point actually so it's not like he is torturing anyone for nothing...

Last edited by Hiroki not Takuya on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
myskaros

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Rimuru will have to ask himself if giving these kids a few extra years is worth putting them through all of that.

Umm... first off, Shizu lived like some hundreds of years after she was summoned. Second, it feels like you're saying "maybe you shouldn't cure sick children in poverty, since they're just going to have a crappy life anyway."
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21 Comments/Feedback

Haha using Ranga like that to get those kids in line to listen to you.

I thought it was a nice idea Rimuru had in order to try and get some of the excess energy out of those children that they don't need by mock battling them, didn't quite go to plan but had a chance of working.

Yeah a portal spell, that makes things easier.

Shoukoku no Altair, another anime I really enjoyed, still reading the manga's for it.

Rimuru as impressive as always taking out that powerful sky dragon.

That meeting with Mjjolmire went even better than expected, a great business acquisition and then that luck of finding out about the dwelling of spirits, even if it cost Rimuru an arm and a leg.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Disagree. If you ask me, the political stuff is the best element this series has to offer.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:40 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Quote:
Rimuru will have to ask himself if giving these kids a few extra years is worth putting them through all of that.

Umm... first off, Shizu lived like some hundreds of years after she was summoned. Second, it feels like you're saying "maybe you shouldn't cure sick children in poverty, since they're just going to have a crappy life anyway."

Small correction. By her own admission she was able to live for several decades since she was summoned.
skooby00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:39 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
myskaros wrote:
Quote:

Small correction. By her own admission she was able to live for several decades since she was summoned.
Yeah Shizu I think was in her 70's when Rimuru met her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 22