• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:14 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Disagree. If you ask me, the political stuff is the best element this series has to offer.

I would agree if like... there was much to political stuff at all.
Phantowhite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:57 am Reply with quote
gotta say i'm pretty disappointed in how the anime handled Myourmiles and really the kingdom arc in general. although he isn't the most important on screen, behind the scenes he's one of tempest's most important executives. i'm not sure why they decided to cut out him already being in possession of rimuru's potions since he's the one that sells them and is tempest's primary money maker. they also got rid of rimuru's meeting with the king and alliance with the kingdom which is pretty important. they also skipped rimuru studying in the library learning almost all modern magic. spoiler[because they skipped rimuru registering to become an adventurer i'm not sure how they plan to summon Beretta since rimuru should not be able to use demon summoning magic.]

normally i wouldn't find too many faults with cutting things out since i'm aware not everything can be animated. but when they are dedicating 2 entire episodes to anime original side stories then i get kind of upset they cut so many important details.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Phantowhite wrote:
gotta say i'm pretty disappointed in how the anime handled Myourmiles and really the kingdom arc in general. although he isn't the most important on screen, behind the scenes he's one of tempest's most important executives. i'm not sure why they decided to cut out him already being in possession of rimuru's potions since he's the one that sells them and is tempest's primary money maker. they also got rid of rimuru's meeting with the king and alliance with the kingdom which is pretty important. they also skipped rimuru studying in the library learning almost all modern magic. spoiler[because they skipped rimuru registering to become an adventurer i'm not sure how they plan to summon Beretta since rimuru should not be able to use demon summoning magic.]

normally i wouldn't find too many faults with cutting things out since i'm aware not everything can be animated. but when they are dedicating 2 entire episodes to anime original side stories then i get kind of upset they cut so many important details.

Actually only one of them is an anime original. The other with Veldora are actually short stories that are basically spoiler[a recap from his POV unless they add anything more] so...yeah.

With regards to spoiler[Beretta] they'll probably do a brief flashback or something. Thats something I can actually expect them to do to cover some bases but I would really like it if they revisit the skipped arc if they ever do a season 2.
CrystalFragments

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 pm Reply with quote
@Paul Jensen

I am disappointed in your half glass full view on this episode. I do agree that it is not the most interesting episode however as it stands it is fairly true to the manga and the LN. This series focuses more on world building as it builds up. There is a reason for all this small bits and pieces being worked in now. Instead of mid combat flashback plot hole plugs (insert random action anime here). I am extremely excited to see the next few arc's coming up. I honestly cannot wait till spoiler[ the the birth of a Demon Lord arc where Farmas Kingdom attacks Tempest nation over the trade routes being diverted directly through Jura forest excluding the Farmas nation and causing a potential crisis. During this conflict Rimuru levels up to become a Demon Lord himself ] You should really spoil yourself and look into reading the LN. you might be surprised that you actually like it.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Another fun episode. Damn Ramiris knows how to toe the line between adorable and annoying though Anzu Haruno does a great job at voicing her. Also there was a moment during Rimuru's stomping of the golem where Chloe's hair turned blonde when the camera lingers behind the kids hiding under Ranga.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22 Comments/Feedback

This thing is intense, even stronger than what I fought the other day, I know I will use the skills I learned from my comrades and one shot it.

Demon lords come in all shapes and sizes after seeing her, Ramiris the fairy queen definitely is annoying and obnoxious.

Kinda funny how obedient she is though every time he brings up those flames.

Finally we are getting somewhere, glad she eventually agreed, almost felt like hitting the mute button.

Let's just hope the powerful spirits can be summoned so Rimuru can fulfill his promise to Shizu and save those children.
trilaan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 am Reply with quote
I knew I'd love anime Ramiris. The next episode should be good, although I worry about how a particular little story element they seem to have skipped from the manga will play out at the end of it.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 am Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
I knew I'd love anime Ramiris. The next episode should be good, although I worry about how a particular little story element they seem to have skipped from the manga will play out at the end of it.

Theyll probably revisit it in a flashback or something if this gets a season 2 or another OVA. At this point thats really the only way to go.
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:07 am Reply with quote
Ramiris is too heckin' adorable. She's the best character I've seen in a while on this show.

Can I also just say that with every episode I appreciate Jin Aketegawa's sound design more. Listening to this series with headphones is like ASMR Wink
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With just a few episodes remaining, we'll find out soon enough.

Actually it was already announced and even has an article here that ep 23 will be the last for the main story as 24 and 25 will be side stories so the arc essentially ends next week.
cfalcon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Granted, the anime doesn't have room for all the details from the source material, but it's still one of the best shows of the season. The latest episode was hilarious too, especially Ramiris's "One punch! One punch!" Saitama would be proud.
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I can not believe, I expected them to show that scene spoiler[in the Hinata he attacks Rimuru and she defeats and him can only to escape using a clone if they even put him in the opening! (anime doing clickbait)] they could have done an incredible final, but NO, they decided to ruin it with a summary and occupy two episodes of the season for some stupid extras.

I do not know if in a possible second season they pick up the parts that skipped the manga or if will animated that scene, but I feel that the director let him import the direction of history and just wanted to adapt to reach the manga and a mini arc that is a waste in itself for the lost details, this could have become a true example of isekai, but once again the lack of ambition and direction made it lose itself in the sea of mediocrities that the industry creates annually.

I hope that "Kumo ga desu ga nanika" and "honzuki no gekokujou" have better luck... not, only seeing at the PV you know they will be equally disappointing or worse.
I have lost faith in the industry again Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
And thats all she wrote for now. More comedy is never a bad thing for this show and that song during the recap scene was good though the ending scene was not as cliffhanger-like as I thought and I was disappointed that they rushed Beretta's creation scene. I guess the spoiler[Hinata vs Rimuru fight from the first OP] will have to wait for season 2 if it gets one. Considering the first extra ep is an anime original Im quite curious of how they treat Diablo. I dont know what compelled them to make the next 2 episodes side stories instead of adding more to the main story but what can we do.
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 am Reply with quote
Half of the series was an excellent adaptation, unfortunately skipping some parts and rushing others(sometimes in the same episode) in the second half brought it down a bit. Overall it was still enjoyable with always beautiful animation. Hopefully the final episode will be worthwhile, whether it fills in some of the missing parts, provides some course-correction or not. Bring on some more seasons!
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
would be nice if they do a full adaptation
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 22