• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Karakuri Circus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 pm Reply with quote
So is James not covering the show anymore because he's just tired of reviewing it?

I don't follow the anime since it's been butchering the manga, but I'm just trying to understand the reasoning here for not reviewing it anymore considering the seasonal review poll hasn't even happened yet since the preview guide just started for the Spring season.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:04 am Reply with quote
BlueBeast33 wrote:
So is James not covering the show anymore because he's just tired of reviewing it?

I don't follow the anime since it's been butchering the manga, but I'm just trying to understand the reasoning here for not reviewing it anymore considering the seasonal review poll hasn't even happened yet since the preview guide just started for the Spring season.

We're cutting down on the number of shows we're reviewing per season in general starting this spring. We weren't going to continue Karakuri Circus coverage over winter necessarily either, but James had room for it in his schedule and wanted to continue, so we went ahead and did it. But this seemed like a good place to stop for the upcoming culling.
Wichita

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna miss these episode reviews a lot! They were always a great read Very Happy
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:
BlueBeast33 wrote:

We're cutting down on the number of shows we're reviewing per season in general starting this spring. We weren't going to continue Karakuri Circus coverage over winter necessarily either, but James had room for it in his schedule and wanted to continue, so we went ahead and did it. But this seemed like a good place to stop for the upcoming culling.

Gotcha. I had a feeling that would happen eventually considering how many shows get covered each season. Spring does seem to have a decent amount of fluff too, so probably a good time to do it.
megazero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Wichita wrote:
I'm gonna miss these episode reviews a lot! They were always a great read Very Happy

Will definitely miss the reviews. I always refer to his reviews in case I 've lost track of the events within the show or can't understand what is happening in the episode.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:28 pm Reply with quote
megazero wrote:
Wichita wrote:

Will definitely miss the reviews. I always refer to his reviews in case I 've lost track of the events within the show or can't understand what is happening in the episode.

I'm glad I could be of help!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6