• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Zombie Land Saga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
Ok, we're done with the 'trap' argument.
alconnow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:13 am Reply with quote
I want to know more about Romero
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm Reply with quote
alconnow wrote:
I want to know more about Romero

If I recall correctly:
  • He's a toy poodle
  • He was 3 years old when he died
  • He hates normal dog food
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Went through and deleted a Ton of posts, probably overkill, but I was getting a lot of complaints about this thread. If you're cis and you'd like to talk about how trans people don't know what they're talking about and also here are my weird thoughts about trans children or whatever, you won't be posting them here. Sorry.
Michformer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:
Went through and deleted a Ton of posts, probably overkill, but I was getting a lot of complaints about this thread. If you're cis and you'd like to talk about how trans people don't know what they're talking about and also here are my weird thoughts about trans children or whatever, you won't be posting them here. Sorry.

Thanks for intervening. I know it's what you do, but things were getting out of hand over here.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Michformer wrote:

Thanks for intervening. I know it's what you do, but things were getting out of hand over here.

No problem. Since people are already taking umbrage with their posts being deleted, keep in mind that I removed like 60% of what was in this thread as of this weekend (christ you guys, it's a holiday weekend, chill out), including anything that was re-opening topics that don't need to be pursued or else can't be trusted to be pursued in this context, so cool your jets if your post got deleted and you don't think there was anything offensive in it or whatever. I removed all posts that were no longer relevant because they were responding to or continuing a topic that needed to be closed. That's all there is to it.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
Seriously, I had this show pinned as "That Wacky Zombie Idol Show" and started watching it because it was silly and ridiculous.

I remember sending a YouTube clip of the rap battle to my brother after Episode 2 aired, with the comment that I couldn't believe that they were making an original anime series out of such a silly premise, but somewhere around episode 4 or 5, I texted him to say, "hey, it turns out that zombie idol anime is actually good?" However, even at that point, I don't think I would have believed you if you told me how heartwarming I now find the show to be, or that I'd be seeing multiple "I haven't been interested in anime in years, but I just binge-watched Zombieland Saga, what should I watch next?" reactions on social media.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that some of my now deleted posts managed to have some people reconsider their stances in thinking it is just reactionary. It has saddened me that in the anime community at large, people are not really thinking of what can be offensive. Especially since I think Zombie Land Saga did such a great job, that it set the character Lily up that she was just accepted in the show by the characters. It would be great if both other anime and audience can take notes.
Cab329

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the last episode and it got me to catch up with the series after I took a brief break from it. I like how the current arc is all of the girls dealing with their deaths/past traumas (especially since next week we get a Saki focused episode!).

I do agree the song was a bit weak but not only did the visuals work but it kind of makes sense that it would be a a bit week since it was quickly put together.

I am a bit confused on Takeo though. So he still deadnamed Lily but was fine with her performing publicly as herself. We did only get a small window of into their life Makes me wonder:

Is it possible Lily never actually came out to him? Maybe He thought she was GNC and was fine with that but didn’t know she was trans.

Makes me wonder but in any case, I adored the climax.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Sango chan wrote:
you people really hate anything that goes against your own damn OPINIONS . you still haven't explained What is wrong with my damn post. I have a right to my own opinions too. you people are just censoring what you don't want and are only keeping the posts that agree with you.

Ahem.

JacobC wrote:
Since people are already taking umbrage with their posts being deleted, keep in mind that I removed like 60% of what was in this thread as of this weekend (christ you guys, it's a holiday weekend, chill out), including anything that was re-opening topics that don't need to be pursued or else can't be trusted to be pursued in this context, so cool your jets if your post got deleted and you don't think there was anything offensive in it or whatever. I removed all posts that were no longer relevant because they were responding to or continuing a topic that needed to be closed. That's all there is to it.

If you don't like it, you can post about anime any number of other places on the internet. If you continue to pitch a fit about it however, you will be moderated or banned. Can't make it any more straightforward than that.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
So who's looking forward to Saki's episode next week? The show has managed to surprise me a lot so I'm very curious what they'll do for her. Also I'm intrigued as to what her cause of death was. So far the causes of death for a lot of them have been pretty out there/metal but I don't know if Saki anything can surpass getting struck by lightning at the climax of an outdoor idol performance. Still, if anyone COULD surpass that, it would be Saki (or the legendary Tae Yamada).
steelmirror

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
So who's looking forward to Saki's episode next week? The show has managed to surprise me a lot so I'm very curious what they'll do for her. Also I'm intrigued as to what her cause of death was. So far the causes of death for a lot of them have been pretty out there/metal but I don't know if Saki anything can surpass getting struck by lightning at the climax of an outdoor idol performance. Still, if anyone COULD surpass that, it would be Saki (or the legendary Tae Yamada).
So much yes. In some ways, I probably have some pretty unreasonable expectations for the remaining episodes of Zombie Land Saga, but if it does manage to actually deliver to my desires it will be legendary indeed.

When it comes to Tae, I'm not sure what I want more. It would be legendary to see her finally 'awaken' and participate in one of Franchouchou's big shows, but I also love her the way she is and wouldn't really give up her legendary chicken-rump munching ways for anything. Of course the show will probably pitch me a curveball and have her focus episode go in some completely unexpected direction that breaks my heart, so I don't even know.

Not completely unrelated, I kind of want to visit Saga now. Good job, girls.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:06 pm Reply with quote
steelmirror wrote:

When it comes to Tae, I'm not sure what I want more. It would be legendary to see her finally 'awaken' and participate in one of Franchouchou's big shows, but I also love her the way she is and wouldn't really give up her legendary chicken-rump munching ways for anything. Of course the show will probably pitch me a curveball and have her focus episode go in some completely unexpected direction that breaks my heart, so I don't even know.

Don't you think that when Tae awakens she will forget all this time as a mindless zombie and don't recognize the others anymore?
Maybe it'll be a "tragic" moment for the group.
SailorTralfamadore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
steelmirror wrote:

Yeah, between this show and Yuri on Ice, MAPPA is doing a good job shilling for this prefecture.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:35 pm Reply with quote
SailorTralfamadore wrote:
steelmirror wrote:

Yeah, between this show and Yuri on Ice, MAPPA is doing a good job shilling for this prefecture.

I soooo want to eat at Drive-in Tori now. Very Happy I kinda hope they do at least one more episode highlighting real stuff in Saga. Someone mentioned either in this thread or on twitter (can't remember) that there's a Saga balloon festival they thought might be a neat subject (I can certainly imagine the girls getting up to all sorts of hijinks there.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10