• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us Anime Film's Full English Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
I don't hear the english version of Lugia's song.
Why would that be in the movie? Despite the dub title's insistence, Everyone's Story has nothing to do with Revelation Lugia.

Because the Japanese trailer had the Japanese version of Lugia's song.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
I don't hear the english version of Lugia's song.
Why would that be in the movie? Despite the dub title's insistence, Everyone's Story has nothing to do with Revelation Lugia.

Maybe not, but the Japanese version has the Japanese Lugia theme in it, and 4Kids's Lugia theme is probably the second most iconic piece they ever made for the series after the first dub opening. Like, even speaking as someone who absolutely wants the dub to stop changing the music, I would not fault them for replacing every instance of the Japanese Lugia theme with a new arrangement of the English one instead. It could be argued that this would actually help preserve the same kind of experience Japanese fans got, as they got to hear the familiar Lugia theme from the old movie but the dub, if it does indeed keep the original score, will feature a theme that's entirely different from the one most non-Japanese fans are familiar with.
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice IF the movie was actually released in Japanese with English subtitles....Right?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

I know the gen 7 games let you choose from many languages including japanese. I'm fairly sure gen 6 did the same.

I know for a fact that 6 did not have dual audio and with none of the dialog in the main games being dubbed like some of the spin-offs I would be puzzled if Sun & Moon were dubbed.

Lord Starfish wrote:
[spoiler]
(And if anyone wants to know what it is and doesn't care about spoilers, the scene in question is spoiler[a flashback where a Pokémon is killed in an explosion. There's this one shot of it getting consumed by fire, and while we don't see any gory details, that one shot might still be considered a bit too scary for young children.])

With the original Pokemon movie having that infamous scene of Mewtwo escaping containment I'd be shocked if they took out a scene that's somewhat similar to that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2