• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Game Adds Ken, Piranha Plant, Incineroar

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kotomikun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Jesus this game is jam-packed. Shocked

Well that's an understatement. Seems like they've crammed in not only everything from every previous Smash game, but also every hypothetical concept they've ever had for a Smash game, and then a bunch more stuff that they pulled out of subspace. I'm kind of perplexed by the idea of DLC for a game with such a ludicrous amount of base content, most of which has to be unlocked in gameplay. It comes with 74 characters (75 for early adopters) and over a hundred stages, for heaven's sake; will people really want to pay for even more?

The "spirits" mode sounds like a gacha game that only costs time instead of time and/or money, so I don't really have any interest in that, but it seems to be an optional alternate mode so it shouldn't affect the rest of this overstuffed game. If any game has earned the right to call itself "ultimate," surely this is it. The biggest question is, what in the world are they going to do for the sequel?
Takeshi13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Pirahna is my most hyped despite being DLC and not quite finished yet.

I'n hoping we see Klonoa, Ragna, a Persona character, and Geno in the near future.

If not them, at least Heihachi and Zack Fair.

I am hoping for a tales of character(mainly yuri, luke or lloyd), persona, zidane, and alto(which i doubt)
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I have Incineroar. I am happy.
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote
People get mad when they lose to Bayonetta calling her cheap and OP. Can't imagine someone getting mad at being stomped by a plant.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
Oh god, I just realized Incineroar is voiced by the late Unsho Ishizuka.

His voice is being reused from the anime, i hope they'll have dedication in memory of to him.

He didn't voice him in the anime. This is new stuff.
Xavon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Twili Midna. She's the character I want most. Chun-li would be second, and Tifa third.

Or maybe expand the Squeenix related restore in general. Cloud is all we have right? How about Terra, Sora, and Neku. Or even better Terra, Kairi, and Shiki.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Takeshi13 wrote:
I am hoping for a tales of character(mainly yuri, luke or lloyd), persona, zidane, and alto(which i doubt)

Lloyd as a playable this time and not as a worthless Mii costume. Still hoping for some more Konami representation too, with bringing in Goemon.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I feel the biggest hype moment was definitely more towards the trailer of the World of Light and less about the last announced characters which were pretty expected (well, except of Piranha Plant; that was LOL worthy). It's amusing how the last Smash Direct made me have more questions than before which is a good feeling.

kotomikun wrote:
The biggest question is, what in the world are they going to do for the sequel?

I guess Nintendo could make Smash Bros. Ultimate become more of a "games-as-a-service" type of thing with periodic DLC packs. But yeah, what could a sequel of this be like? I guess we'll find out in 5 years or so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2