• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV 'Episode Ardyn' DLC Gets Short Prequel Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 am Reply with quote
No one asked for (anther) alternate ending, so Noctis can go, but Aranea and especially Lunafreya needed those eps. to fill out the core story that shipped in November of 2016. At least were are getting the most needed one. What a mess SE. How come they still can´t learn after a decade of floundering?

I expect KH 3 to work out but the still utterly directionless FFVII remake has me worried as never before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:03 am Reply with quote
Annnnd Ardyn was the one DLC idgaf about. Great.
Meanwhile poor Luna and Aranea get ditched and ignored. Again.

Neutral
Square really wants me to not care anymore and in turn not buy their games anymore. Don't they?
I mean wow, more crossovers no one wants, more mobile bs, more stalling.
I'm done.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:17 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
No one asked for (anther) alternate ending, so Noctis can go, but Aranea and especially Lunafreya needed those eps. to fill out the core story that shipped in November of 2016.

iirc the Aranea one was tied to the main story the Lunafreya Episode was the first of 2 that set up the Alt Good End that was supposedly gonna come with Episode Noctis
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
So the potential of having playable female characters long-term or any semblance of their character expanded upon has been squashed. Good lord, at least give them anime OVAs also! Confused
aodmisery

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I hated this whole fractured story line. Where you need to play or watch every single thing to get the whole story. A movie, some anime. The game. And all the dlc. To tell a story that should have all been included in the game
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
aodmisery wrote:
I hated this whole fractured story line. Where you need to play or watch every single thing to get the whole story. A movie, some anime. The game. And all the dlc. To tell a story that should have all been included in the game

This isn't a new concept though part of the problem with worldbuiding even in medium like video games is that you can't fit everything into it's lore typically for context reasons or because the writers might not have fully planned something out.

Hence why you get prequel, interquels, or side stories to flesh out things. I'm not to big on this myself but it is what it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1