• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super: Broly Film's Final Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Good trailer.

But...can...Broly...talk? He doesn't even scream "KAKARO-TTOOOOOOO!" anymore. All we hear from his are screams. The subtitles make him appear interesting and a victim to his own instincts. But I want to hear him talk. The most he talked outside of video games was in movie 8 and most of it as an LSSJ. I wanna hear dialogue from Broly. He probably has to, since he's gonna interact with Chelye and Lemo outside of fight scenes.
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
"You ain't a bad guy. I can tell." "He isn't fighting because he wants to!"

Well, looks like Broly isn't Mr. "I am the Devil" anymore but an possible anti-villain/hero and that may mean through the old shonen defeat equals friendship rule that he might survive the movie and become a part of the cast just like Piccolo, Vegeta and Beerus...

Last edited by Zeino on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
gpanthony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:

Well, looks like Broly isn't Mr. "I am the Devil" anymore but an possible anti-villain/hero and that might through the old shonen defeat equals friendship rule that he might survive the movie and become a part of the cast just like Piccolo, Vegeta and Beerus...

And let's not forget who started that trend in Dragonball, Oolong.
Asaaaasd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:40 pm Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:

I made an account just to say that the person who started this trend was Bulma, since she capped a child in the head within moments of encountering him, and was generally a bad person who became better during the first arc.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Asaaaasd wrote:
gpanthony wrote:

I made an account just to say that the person who started this trend was Bulma, since she capped a child in the head within moments of encountering him, and was generally a bad person who became better during the first arc.

Hahaha, I did think of that after I posted...
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Goddamn that trailer was fantastically animated, especially that shot of Broly’s explosion attack. Very Happy

Huh looks like Broly might not be pure evil anymore. I have to say I like the idea of him surviving & joining the cast like several past former-villains like Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, the Androids, & Buu. .
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:21 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:

Well, looks like Broly isn't Mr. "I am the Devil" anymore but an possible anti-villain/hero and that may mean through the old shonen defeat equals friendship rule that he might survive the movie and become a part of the cast just like Piccolo, Vegeta and Beerus...

Beerus never lost and he defeated Goku. Similarly, the cyborg twins were never defeated by the good guys either. Except their alternate future counterparts who were murdered by Trunks.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 am Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:

Actually that started with Yamcha proper. Oolong was more of a mischievous troll.

Asaaaasd wrote:

Uhhhhh no Bulma was a bit shady with the fact that she tried to bribe Goku for the four star ball. But she was never legitimately antagonistic
like Pilaf, Yamcha, Tienshihan, or Vegeta were
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Gah, the animation looks so amazing. There's no way I'm missing this in the theater.

If Gogeta is in this film, props to the trailers for not spoiling it.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 pm Reply with quote
From watching the trailer, I see they are using the same trick seen in the trailers for Americana action films. I have grown tire of trailers doing that, but for this one after seeing it multiple of times it does not bother me. Plus it’s only in the beginning and afterwards cuts to song which I have quickly grown to like. I would like add Blizzard to my music collection at some point. Also we get to see Super Saiyan God Vegeta for the first time. Anime smile

The only down side I am seeing so far is that one scene in which Goku and Vegeta are in CG. It's increasing becoming a pet peeve of mine to see animation studios make characters CG when they do not blend well with the scene. I get why some studios do this, but I prefer if they either just stick with having the entire animation be in 2D or make the whole animation CG. Then again with practice studios can get better with using CG when I think about it.

I am looking forward to seeing the first Dragonball Super film early next year. I hope that in terms of story its handle similarly to how it was done in Battle of the Gods and less of Resurrection F. While I get that this is clearly going to be an action film (like the other Dragonball movies that came before it) I liked that Battle of Gods balance the action and non action moments as appose to Resurrection of F in which it lean a bit to heavy on the action.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1