• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Ancient Magus' Bride GN 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This volume definitely had some good buildup going, and leads into the final volume with a major impact.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
This volume definitely had some good buildup going, and leads into the final volume with a major impact.

Just as a note, the English-language version of Volume 11 has been solicited for August 2019, so the story isn't ending. The author supposedly plans on continuing the story, and hopes to have enough written for another anime season by the middle of 2019.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:19 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Just as a note, the English-language version of Volume 11 has been solicited for August 2019, so the story isn't ending. The author supposedly plans on continuing the story, and hopes to have enough written for another anime season by the middle of 2019.

I had no idea. Volume 9 definitely came across as an ending to me. I didn't know there was more on the way.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wonder how much of its continuation was planned, and how much of it was an "I didn't realize it would be THIS successful, I can't let it end" situation. Smile
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wonder how much of its continuation was planned, and how much of it was an "I didn't realize it would be THIS successful, I can't let it end" situation. Smile

I bet they love the latter happening more. ; )

Not that I'm complaining. I want to see more happen in this magically charged story. I also love Elias a lot; best fictional skullhead to appear in something since the greatness of Skeletor. : D
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
Oh most definitely it continues.

Not had chance to read volume 11 yet in Japanese but heres a nice spoiler...based of my scan read of the volume that clased out the anime story.. (This bit was stuck on the end after the chapter where the anime ended)

spoiler[Chise goes to magic school!]
nargun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote

There are story-planning and history notes from Yamazaki in one of the supplementary volumes; the upcoming story arc was originally planned as the main one, but the prologue grew in the telling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1