• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Big Hero 6 Voice Actors Reprise Roles in Kingdom Hearts III

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 am Reply with quote
What happened to TJ Miller? I mean I know he's pretty much a pariah now but still...
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
What happened to TJ Miller? I mean I know he's pretty much a pariah now but still...

Either they might reveal him in a later date or chose not to reprise his role. Because they haven’t revealed ALL of the voice actors from the animated movies.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

It could also be how he’s the biggest name among them, and is probably worth more than the others. This is further hinted by how they use Wasabi’s actor from the TV show rather than the movie, so expect Fred to be voiced by Brooks Wheelan.
MesousaGaby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:02 am Reply with quote
Still bothers me that they couldn't get Mandy Moore voicing Rapunzel though, especially when she already voices her in the Tangled animated series.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

All things considered, I wonder if we'll ever hear him voice in media again.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
MesousaGaby wrote:
Still bothers me that they couldn't get Mandy Moore voicing Rapunzel though, especially when she already voices her in the Tangled animated series.

We don't know that for sure. Rapunzel in the newest English trailer certainly sounded like Mandy Moore.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
v1cious wrote:

It could also be how he’s the biggest name among them, and is probably worth more than the others. This is further hinted by how they use Wasabi’s actor from the TV show rather than the movie, so expect Fred to be voiced by Brooks Wheelan.

Yeah, if they got Wasabi's voice from the cartoon then I expect the same will be true for Fred even though he's inexplicably the only member of Big Hero 6 whose VA they don't confirm.
veemonjosh wrote:
MesousaGaby wrote:

We don't know that for sure. Rapunzel in the newest English trailer certainly sounded like Mandy Moore.

Agreed.

I've seen some people comment that she may not have sounded like she did in the movie but she sounds exactly like she does in the Tangled cartoon, where Moore still plays the character.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 pm Reply with quote
On top of that, Mandy Moore voiced Aerith in the first game, so it's not like there's some sort of problem with getting ahold of her. If she's not in this game at all, then I'm going to chalk it up to availability issues.

Is Sephiroth going to return? And if so, will he still be voiced by Lance Bass? I must admit I haven't paid much attention to reveals in Kingdom Hearts III aside from which franchises are brought into this one.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:55 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Is Sephiroth going to return? And if so, will he still be voiced by Lance Bass? I must admit I haven't paid much attention to reveals in Kingdom Hearts III aside from which franchises are brought into this one.

Sephiroth has been voiced by George Newbern (Superman from the old Justice League cartoon on WB) since KHII and has been voicing him in all related media. Lance Bass is long gone from ever voicing him again.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:27 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Sephiroth has been voiced by George Newbern (Superman from the old Justice League cartoon on WB) since KHII and has been voicing him in all related media. Lance Bass is long gone from ever voicing him again.

Aww, all right then. I thought it was such a bonkers casting choice that I wanted to see it continue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1