• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Promised Neverland Anime's 2nd Commercial Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EiMs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Can some one explain this sentence "anime that are exclusive to Amazon Prime in other regions are usually on Wakanim in France". I don't get it I am hearing this first time. Maybe it should be "anime that are exclusive to Amazon Prime in Japan are usually on Wakanim in France".
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm Reply with quote
EiMs wrote:
Can some one explain this sentence "anime that are exclusive to Amazon Prime in other regions are usually on Wakanim in France". I don't get it I am hearing this first time. Maybe it should be "anime that are exclusive to Amazon Prime in Japan are usually on Wakanim in France".
It's just misinformation, it seems to only be on Amazon in Japan, since it is on Wakanim it won't be an Amazon exclusive outside of Japan.
loveliver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
EiMs wrote:
It's just misinformation, it seems to only be on Amazon in Japan, since it is on Wakanim it won't be an Amazon exclusive outside of Japan.

If it's true, then I don't care if it's Netflix or Crunchyroll... SOMEBODY OTHER THAN AMAZON STREAM THIS SHOW!!!
EiMs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:

Ok it's more clear now. But now is the question what have happened to Amazon and Fuji TV contract ? I heard the rumors that Aniplex doesn't what that this show to be on Amazon outside Japan others are saying that the contract is over. But it would be strange if Amazon just drop anime completely then Netflix just have sighed contract with Fuji TV ( Ultra+).
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote
EiMs wrote:
Can some one explain this sentence "anime that are exclusive to Amazon Prime in other regions are usually on Wakanim in France".

Sorry for the confusion. It certainly wasn't supposed to imply that The Promised Neverland will definitely be exclusive to Amazon in regions outside of Japan and France, just that the possibility is still open. I checked with a contact who said that it was not unusual for a show to be on Amazon in other regions (like the U.S.) but on Wakanim in France, but I'm double-checking this and have removed this line in the mean time.

In any case, I think it's too early to say whether The Promised Neverland streaming on Wakanim means that the contract between Noitamina and Amazon is over, but I'm on the lookout for updates.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Was this CG? hard to tell but if it is that's amazing
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Was this CG? hard to tell but if it is that's amazing
No it’s not
TheBeron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
It is also licensed to WAKANIM in Germany Russia and the Nordics
EiMs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quote
TheBeron wrote:
It is also licensed to WAKANIM in Germany Russia and the Nordics

Yeah and because of that if I want to watch it legally I would have to learn Russian because Wakanim can't give me English sub because Lithuania belongs to Russia region.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy to see them moving and in color!
I read the manga weekly since the very first chapter, it kinda feels like your child finally becomes an adult Surprised

I really like the background music in the CM, if that's a part of an actual track of the OST, it sounds promising Very Happy
UncouthFive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 am Reply with quote
Looks okay. However, something does look a little off as I watch the commercial. Either way, I'm very optimistic about this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1