• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Monster Strike's Mysterious Sailor Guardians Are More Surprising Than You Thought

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Moon has always been pro LGBTQ+ but I still wasn't expecting a random collab with Monster Strike to be so pro gender fluid and I'm loving this. This is the feel good story of the week that I didn't know I needed.
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:18 am Reply with quote
I think BSSM and the franchise as a whole has a lot of themes, and while its gender/sex themes aren't a "core" theme, it's always been a central and very permanent element of the whole franchise. I'm so glad to see it acknowledged and used like this.

It sounds like this an important, relevant and also great time for a commercial like this in Japan. I wish we had something of the equivalent in the US~.

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Sailor Moon has always been pro LGBTQ+ but I still wasn't expecting a random collab with Monster Strike to be so pro gender fluid and I'm loving this. This is the feel good story of the week that I didn't know I needed.

Strongly agreed~. This was so lovely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1