• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece: World Seeker Game Launches in West on March 15

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't America getting the game soundtrack? Confused
I would love to physically own Kohei Tanaka's music for this game.
-SP-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Is Luffy the only playable character? I rather not get this game if that's the case, I want to be able to play as Sanji.
Scoot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
Is Luffy the only playable character? I rather not get this game if that's the case, I want to be able to play as Sanji.

Im I the only one that isn't bothered by this?
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Scoot wrote:
-SP- wrote:

Nope. I'm also not bothered by this decision.
Luffy already has much more to offer in an open-world environment when it comes to traversal and combat than the other Straw Hats.
I love all the crew, but the choice to focus on Luffy lets Ganbarion flesh out his abilities in ways they couldn't do if they had to also spend time and resources on eight other characters.
Scoot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:57 pm Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:
Scoot wrote:
-SP- wrote:

Nope. I'm also not bothered by this decision.
Luffy already has much more to offer in an open-world environment when it comes to traversal and combat than the other Straw Hats.
I love all the crew, but the choice to focus on Luffy lets Ganbarion flesh out his abilities in ways they couldn't do if they had to also spend time and resources on eight other characters.

Yeah exactly
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what to think of this game.
It looks like something new, no 3D fighter and no hack n slay, we already had enough of, but on the other hand it's still not clear to me what you do in the game. Can you only do quests with Luffy and that's it?
I'm also worried about the story as they aren't showing much of it. If they got a big original story with cutscenes and everything, I'm sure they would promote it a bit more.

So far it looks like you got one big map and most missions are like "go there and talk with that person, find that item or defeat those enemies".

I think it might get old very quick. I will probably wait until it gets released and then watch someone playing the first bunch of missions before I decide.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1