• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Cast, Staff, Streaming for New 2019 Fruits Basket TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Violynne wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't be one bit shocked if she did it for free.

I admit it: I like your optimism..... (I think it's misplaced, but I still admire it.)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Inverti Herikawa wrote:
getchman wrote:
Trunks was hell on her vocal cords, that's one of the biggest reasons she didn't return.

And coupled with scheduling and higher priority (and higher paying) union work, Laura just can't commit to a simuldub schedule. Face it, guys. She's left the non-union dubbing scene.

Morry wrote:
Again, people saying Laura won't return forget she did come back for a cameo as Maka in Soul Eater Not! as well as Oichi from Sengoku Basara.

Troy Baker recently learned about new lines for his Tales Vespira character that his agent apparently didn't tell him about, a role he was enthusiastic about reprising.

That was three years ago, back in 2015. Name one Funimation role that Laura reprised for in 2016-2018. None? Okay, your point is moot. Time to move on. Her husband, Travis, isn't reprising for any of his Funi roles, either. 2015 was the final year he did it too.

I don't think you understand how many hoops a union VA needs to jump through just to voice in a non-union production, which is what the upcoming FB dub is going to be.

Also, your point about Troy is also moot - if Troy were to reprise as Yuri, he wouldn't have to do a lot; I'd say a week is enough to knock out all the extra lines in the extended edition. That's why everyone's pissed that they have to deal with two different sounding voices in the same game.

We're talking about a lead role here. Laura isn't coming back. Period. Hope for Alexis Tipton; that's your best bet on a soundalike.

Laura is NOT LIKELY to come back is far different than her not coming back.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:57 am Reply with quote
Unpopular opinion here, but I didn't really like Tohru's English voice.
To me it sounded a little too mature for her character design.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:06 am Reply with quote
catandmouse wrote:
Unpopular opinion here, but I didn't really like Tohru's English voice.
To me it sounded a little too mature for her character design.

Heretic! (Just kiding, just kidding..... Wink )
asilenttree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:27 am Reply with quote
My unpopular opinion is that I hated how emo the manga got down the line, and I actually loved how the first series took a lighter approach (it did hint at the darker times to come tho).
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 am Reply with quote
The entry manga story? I cant wait how many episodes this new adaption will have. Not 26 knowing that the first adaption made it once.

All I want now is that some service bring this adaption to Mexico. That or The onky way is the piracy way (I dont want to)
ChimeyChime

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:51 am Reply with quote
Not too happy that they aren't using the original cast, so I'll pass. I refuse to support Funimation, so this ends up working out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7