• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts III Game Wraps Development

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCAL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
It's finally happening!!!
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
If they're making DLC they haven't wrapped anything.
Megax36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Dang... just think the last time we got a mainline entry in the series DLC didn't even exist! or at least it was still in its infancy.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:03 pm Reply with quote
now they can "let it go" and focus on ff7 remake <_<.

joking aside...hope it is good for as long as people have waited.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:01 am Reply with quote
I've only ever played a handful of the sideline games - Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep and 382/2 days. I've also only managed to finish watching a KH1 play through to its completion and not KH2 because I always found myself dozing off in the middle of the video.

So from what I've seen thus far, I could never make sense of KH's story due to how convoluted it is. That said, I did enjoyed the core gameplay to some extent so I'm conflicted whether I should consider getting this or not.
HK16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:58 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
I've only ever played a handful of the sideline games - Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep and 382/2 days.

Birth by Sleep is not a sideline game. It is a numbered title game, the equivalent to KH2. It is called Episode 0. Stated by creator Tetsuya Nomura before its release in 2010.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:00 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, that's interesting thing to see this happening. But i'd love to see more worlds like Zootopia, Chicken Run and more.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:34 am Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
Sekaro wrote:
I've only ever played a handful of the sideline games - Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep and 382/2 days.

Birth by Sleep is not a sideline game. It is a numbered title game, the equivalent to KH2. It is called Episode 0. Stated by creator Tetsuya Nomura before its release in 2010.

Well then, I didn't know that. I've always assumed that any game in the series that didn't have a number at the end was a sideline game lol.
Megax36

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:46 am Reply with quote
HK16 is correct, BBS was vital enough to the overall story to be considered a mainline entry. It reveals the origins of Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas, as well as introduce the trio of Aqua, Ven, and Terra who will likely play a major role in the upcoming third title.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
If they're making DLC they haven't wrapped anything.

Given what just happened to Final Fantasy XV that's a bit unintentionally hilarious.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:37 am Reply with quote
With and Tales of Vesperia Definitive releasing so close to each other, it's already looking great for the start of next year. : D
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

That’s a common misconception. ALL of the games (even X) are equally canon and mainline to the story of the games. People like to think otherwise because 1. They weren’t initially released on consoles, 2. They weren’t as well-received as the “mainline” entries, and 3. They are subtitled. You really need to play all to understand the story, and thus it’s the main thing tearing up the fanbase at the moment (after the fujoshi wave and the comvolutedness mostly died down). Of course you probably won’t be able to play the other games, so I suggest watching cutscenes or gameplay videos to get caught up (it worked for me Smile ).
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:22 pm Reply with quote
We need Dual Audio in order to make KHIII even better....
ballinamon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a fun game
CycloneJoker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
HK16 wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

That’s a common misconception. ALL of the games (even X) are equally canon and mainline to the story of the games. People like to think otherwise because 1. They weren’t initially released on consoles, 2. They weren’t as well-received as the “mainline” entries, and 3. They are subtitled. You really need to play all to understand the story, and thus it’s the main thing tearing up the fanbase at the moment (after the fujoshi wave and the comvolutedness mostly died down). Of course you probably won’t be able to play the other games, so I suggest watching cutscenes or gameplay videos to get caught up (it worked for me Smile ).

This is exactly why the HD Collections exist, to put everything (more or less) in order in one easy package. It's totally doable to play the games they included on those and watch the remastered scenes of the ones they understandably decided not to port.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2