• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kakegurui Anime's 2nd Season Casts Rumi Okubo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMArcturus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 am Reply with quote
Okay, I can't be the only person that sees Rumi and immediately says that it is Chun-Li as a kid.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 am Reply with quote
GMArcturus wrote:
Okay, I can't be the only person that sees Rumi and immediately says that it is Chun-Li as a kid.

Rumi is the voice actresss and Miri Yobami is the character. Also double-bun hairstyle aside I'm not really seeing it. The hairstyle isn't exclusive to Chun-Lin plus she has brown hair and eyes. Along with a completely different personality, you can easily tell Miri's personality is different from the tone of her body language in the art here. I can almost guarantee that if there was art of Chun-Li at Miri's highschool age she'd have a completely different body type and would look very different. Even if Chun Li looked as young as Miri does she'd probably look very different.
Zapdos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Double-bun hairstyle is a common trope given to anime characters who are ethnic Chinese(though I doubt she's Chinese).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1