• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Confirms Star Twinkle Precure TV Anime for 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tootbrush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:38 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Successful in what sense?

Sunny milk wrote:
I don't really think even with the anniversary hype and using other PreCures, it's been doing extraordinarily well.

Merch sales are back up to pre-Happiness Charge numbers; TV ratings (which don't really matter, but hey) are better than the last two seasons and more consistent week-to-week; and 4 weeks into its run, the Hugtto x Futari wa movie is the 2nd highest-grossing Precure movie ever after DX2.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 am Reply with quote
Let's wait until the final quarters though.
And anyways, hyping it constantly with Futari wa is certainly doing it a good number.

But when the writing crumbles like last week's, I have to wonder how much it deserves.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:46 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
And anyways, hyping it constantly with Futari wa is certainly doing it a good number.

But when the writing crumbles like last week's, I have to wonder how much it deserves.

“Crumbling Writing” is just an opinion, not a fact.

General consesus is that the writing for Huggto is the overall best in the series, on par with Heartcatch and go princess.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:

“Crumbling Writing” is just an opinion, not a fact.

General consesus is that the writing for Huggto is the overall best in the series, on par with Heartcatch and go princess.

General consensus where? In your entitled opinion village?
Stop being a hypocrite, that one is not any more a fact than what I said.
"I have to go back to the future, because that world is fucked up, never mind that if you girls don't completely fail this time, there will be no reason to go back", this is one of the single worst written time travel here, as if the future wasn't actually the future, but a different world called "the Future".
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:05 am Reply with quote
"General consensus" is pretty anecdotal, and mostly used by people who want to push their opinion as fact.

It's better to look at merchandise sales and how prevalent certain series are in supplemental material. But even that's not infallible. In Precure's case the series has been extremely consistent in sales decline/incline. That suggests an overall increase and decrease of interest in the franchise over time. It's a lot easier to look at sales for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai since there is far more deviation between series.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:55 pm Reply with quote
It's almost as if people can have different opinions about what children's cartoons they think are good without insulting each other by calling people they don't agree with hypocrites because some people like a children's cartoon they don't. I mean how dare people have different opinions on things. Rolling Eyes
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:59 pm Reply with quote
You might want to brush up on your definition dictionary.
I'm calling him hypocrite because he calls my opinion "Just an opinion", then he calls his opinion "general consensus" and "fact", so your post really missed its mark.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2