• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, December 3-9 [2018-12-11]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenimAndLeather

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:58 am Reply with quote
Those are some sales for Bungo Stray Dogs, combined with the DVD sales that is brilliant.

I don't recall the series ever reaching those numbers (unless I'm mistaken) but either way it's good to see and long may it continue.

Also is this the first time these Detective Conan films are being released on Blu Ray? A lot of Detective Conan in one week. I've seen em mass release reprints in manga (Slam Dunk) but no so in films like this so new to me.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
Movies typically sell more than TV series because you're getting a lot more animation on one disc than normal. 90 minutes for Dead Apple for instance. Whereas you'd usually get 2-3 episodes of the TV anime per disc which is ~45-65 minutes for the same price. The only movies that sometime sell worse are compilation movies.
DenimAndLeather

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
I suppose that does make sense and I've never really thought of it that way strangely enough. Thanks.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
DenimAndLeather wrote:

Also is this the first time these Detective Conan films are being released on Blu Ray? A lot of Detective Conan in one week. I've seen em mass release reprints in manga (Slam Dunk) but no so in films like this so new to me.

Yes,well first time deluxe limited editions....

Plus 20th anniversary releases started two years ago...

And Detective Conan is very popular..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1