• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Reki Kawahara Apologizes to Voice Actors for Latest Sword Art Online Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:45 am Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
That episode was one of the best and worst episode of SAO Alicization.
The drastically darker episode and blood and gore and attempted rape (This author really loves men licking girls with long tongues) is so inconsistent with the tone of this series.
But it had amazingly stupid moments like when Raios was jumping on the bed scene and when he is hopping like frog when his arms were cut.
Also this author with his characters having fish eyes means itsa bad guy since no anime eyes. Also the final fight between Kirito and character with no depth Raios was in a bedroom.

The gore was still great though even though it just kinda happens

When will people STOP calling the author bad over anime adaptation and directors !

I'm honestly tired of these people insulting author over the depiction of the villains like sugou or these nobles right now. even most of the fanservice like the "asses" in the anime. non of them were written and described like this in the novel !

No!, There was NO Long tongue! NO Licking! NO Crazy jump! NO slapping! NO groping!
non of these happened in the novel,

in the novel it say exactly like 4 line,
1st : the noble only moved to the bed and sit near girls.
2nd : then touched the girl's face and foot with their hand.
3rd : trying to undo the girl's front cloth.
4th : looking back at eugeo and acting and taunting him when he put his hand on the sword but still could not move.

then Eugeo explode and stop them !

Everything else is the animator and directors who make these ! it was always like this.
even most of the fanservices were not in the novel,

like author never described Sinon's ass ! or anyone's ass, the animation in old seasons just focused on them!

I also don't remember well how the anime did about Season 2 the "rape" that people call in the end of GGO.
but I just rechecked my kindle for the novel, and there was absolutely no rape or attempted rape. That boy was crazy and just wanted to Kill Sinon/Asada and then kill himself, he even said don't worry i will join you soon, we will be reborn in another world, maybe a fantasy themed one and become husband and wife.

Also Author write these from 2001 to 2008, this scene in Alicization was written in 2005. it's less about him "seeing and loving sexual assault scenes" and wanting to write about it in his own novel.
it's more about "when he write these novels, these things were the popular things in many novels so he started using them too" We are talking about 18 years ago and Japan !
IgneusVulpe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
Look, let's get on topic here. No Reki Kawahara shouldn't have to appologize. Even if he had written this scene, just a quick heads up that it was there should have been all that was needed before getting there or hiring the cast. It's stupid how big of a deal this whole thing is but I'm not going into it. Now to get into influence side of this...

Yeah, these things happen. Especially with new authors who are either only just starting to get into writing or newly published. It's the publishers who get them on track when they do, the editting and proof reading team who look at these things and recognise them for what they are. So even if there is blame to be proportioned... I don't think it can all be aimed at Reki. The people who helped publish and produce the novel were partially to blame for the outcome after all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5