• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Hero Mask Worth Watching?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Imadeatree wrote:
Did we watch the same anime??? Somehow I can help but feel the people who wrote that article were just looking for something to dislike this December. I bingewatched the whole thing and I was, indeed ,entertained.

I understand, the anime was a bunch of hollywood cliches thrown together, but tbh thats what made me like it? Especially because all the animes out there lately, they just..no. I will agree the writing was on and off, and the ED was kinda put there, but overall I would give this anime a 7.5 out of 10.

Also this was by Pierrot, and while I know they have great animators there, and any studio with a big budget will allow itself to make well animated scenes, I was not expecting this animation. I'm not saying it was 100% perfect but gosh this is the same studio that produced masses of LOL faces for bleach/naruto for years, so let me have it. Also, I'm certain they knew they were kinda mimicking a James Bond film, it felt like a serious parody and honestly im here for it, you guys are just mean. I rather this anime to the bunch of animes that come out every single month where all the characters look 12 but are like 25.

+1000
I just finished and indeed loved it (although it needs a sequel, badly). I thought it was actually an awesome blend of James Bond meets Black Mirror, which is pretty awesome in my book. And the action scenes were breathtaking... really, I don't know what the fudge is wrong with the anime fandom. It looks like every time we get something that tries to get out out the generic norm and otaku crap we get every year people will just bash it to no end... oh well, at least I hope Netflix keeps on producing unique series like this because I sure as hell loved it to bits
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2