• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto for Nintendo DS This Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quote
This was first announced back on December 16, 2006 in a Shonen Jump email newsletter. I sent you guys an email about it...
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
This was first announced back on December 16, 2006 in a Shonen Jump email newsletter. I sent you guys an email about it...

The offical company press release however was today. That is what AMN reports.

Note there is a Naruto Wii game involvement along with a 3D fighting one for the DS.

Very nice 3D for the Naruto DS game.

Not much is known about the Naruto Wii game.
kirsha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote
It's always fighting games. Guess we will never get those nice GBA rpg's.
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
toomanyalts wrote:
Note there is a Naruto Wii game involvement along with a 3D fighting one for the DS.

Since there hasn't been a single pip about a Naruto game for the Wii, even after the SJ Festival, either they didn't have anything to show, keeping it under wraps, or they (Good chance it's Tomy) not working on it yet. That or they are waiting on Naurto HC to hit TV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
toomanyalts wrote:

Since there hasn't been a single pip about a Naruto game for the Wii, even after the SJ Festival, either they didn't have anything to show, keeping it under wraps, or they (Good chance it's Tomy) not working on it yet. That or they are waiting on Naurto HC to hit TV.

Ahem there was a trailer at the Tokyo Game Show showing off the Naruto Gamecube games followed by a snippit of a Naruto Wii game.

Also several Japanese magazines have shown screencaptures and discussed details of the game.

http://www.jeux-france.com/images0_4_18671.html It and other scans show a date of feb 22 for the game's Japanese release.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quote
I didn't say their won't be one. Razz I don't play that much attention to Naruto games, because the past couple of games wasn't that very good, namely the GBA and GC verison.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
I didn't say their won't be one. Razz I don't play that much attention to Naruto games, because the past couple of games wasn't that very good, namely the GBA and GC verison.

That would be your opionion. The two GC games released so far in the states have gotten decent reviews and are considered good fighting games if you get some friends over.

Btw ANN should post this news about the third Ninja Council game namely they will be doing some alterations. Because supposedly removing missions and characters is better then spoiling how things come out. Of course the Ninja Council games don't really follow the manga or anime. So the reasoning is just BS.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156192 has the preview and details on what I am talking about it. People need to start a campaign to tell them to leave the game content and story alone. Just translate it.

From the 1up preview: The game’s localization is still in the works, and D3 representatives tell us the company is trying its best to keep the game as spoiler free as possible. Of course, that means the team will make some edits from the overseas version — from omitting missions to withholding characters
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1