• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Clover's Asta Joins Jump Force Game's Lineup

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Deity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Asta looks great in this game, every character announcement is so exciting, what I love about crossover games and wasn't there to experience character announcements during J-Stars Victory VS+.

Looking forward to the announcement of My Hero Academia and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters, hoping Koro-sensei returns as well and want to see more out of nowhere picks like Ryo, that was great.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I find it funny that people still hate Black Clover after all this time lol. Some people have a hard time getting over things I guess. It proves the popularity of the series.

It makes a lot of sense to announce him now. The Black Clover anime is about to have one of the best episode of the year and the cross promotion is super smart. Glad he is in as he is one of the best shonen MC right now and he looks awesome in game.

I hope Deku is announced at the same time they release the season 4 PV. Would make for some great hype.
pikabot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Wake me up when they announce some World Trigger characters (I’m not holding my breath on that, though).
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
I find it funny that people still hate Black Clover after all this time lol. Some people have a hard time getting over things I guess. It proves the popularity of the series.

It makes a lot of sense to announce him now. The Black Clover anime is about to have one of the best episode of the year and the cross promotion is super smart. Glad he is in as he is one of the best shonen MC right now and he looks awesome in game.

I hope Deku is announced at the same time they release the season 4 PV. Would make for some great hype.

That’s not a sign of popularity. A character having a hatedom is just that, a hatedom. A show can have a hatedom for any reason, whether it’s a cult seiries or a well-known series because it is just an indication of how people feel. It is separate from the popularity of the general show so it proves nothing.

Not saying BC doesn’t have popularity but acting like people disliking the lead as a sure sign of proof of popularity is dumb.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

That’s not a sign of popularity. A character having a hatedom is just that, a hatedom. A show can have a hatedom for any reason, whether it’s a cult seiries or a well-known series because it is just an indication of how people feel. It is separate from the popularity of the general show so it proves nothing.

Not saying BC doesn’t have popularity but acting like people disliking the lead as a sure sign of proof of popularity is dumb.

But it is a sign of popularity. These people go out of there way to go on an article of a show they hate to tell others they hate it. Some of these people haven't watched the show since episode 1, but they still care because BC is still that popular. And these people are a loud minority. Just imagine how big the fanbase is for BC. It's crazy.

If a show has a hatedom, it is popular.
pikabot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
You’re correct insofar as people still go to complain about Asta because Black Clover still comes up in their spheres. But that’s not necessarily a sign of popularity; more of a sustained marketing push by the publishers of the manga and the anime.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

But it is a sign of popularity. These people go out of there way to go on an article of a show they hate to tell others they hate it. Some of these people haven't watched the show since episode 1, but they still care because BC is still that popular. And these people are a loud minority. Just imagine how big the fanbase is for BC. It's crazy.

If a show has a hatedom, it is popular.

Ooooooor they just dislike it, not caring whether or not its popular. A hatedom is not an absolute indication of popularity. It simply indicates that something about the show riled up decent amount of people into disliking it enough.

And honestly I don't think people care that much. Its more just an acknowledgement of its an existence as a "Huh alright" than anything that truly counts as hating about it cause people have just moved on. At worst just a smug comment or a bad joke, but that's it really.
feitan000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Let them hate, no one cares about them. BC manga is amazing right now, the epic episode 63 is coming and we have the Jump Force announcement as a bonus. It's a good time to be a BC fan
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
feitan000 wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

Let them hate, no one cares about them. BC manga is amazing right now, the epic episode 63 is coming and we have the Jump Force announcement as a bonus. It's a good time to be a BC fan

Preach my friend. I never understood the hate culture and never will. I am super happy with everything BC got and will get this year.

With all the hype going around 63 I am beyond sure it's going to be one of the year best offering. The BC crew deserves all our love.
Feli1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
Ewww!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2