• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Could we update the rules regarding fan art? I think just citing a source in the comments isn't enou

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darryncosta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:18 am Reply with quote
I don't really hate fan art, but the way it's handled is disrespectful of the artists.

I think, when posting fan art, one must link directly to the source if found. an imgur mirror could be posted in comments, but having a direct link in the post is a lot more fair to the artist. When the current posts get more upvotes, the actual sources become harder and harder to find. some subs like /r/OnePiece have a similar rule that you should link directly to the artist. https://downloader.vip/the-pirate-bay/ PutLocker https://appsync.biz/123movies/

This Will also help cut down on the number of fan art posted solely for Karma. This is a good middle ground - IMO- for those who like fan seeing and posting fan art, and those who don't like seeing fan art spam on the front page.

A more drastic measure would be having fan art posts of non-mangaka be in a self-post of their own like it's the case with English Original Works, but that's not really needed.

I would like thoughts about the matter, discussion is never bad.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:32 am Reply with quote
For starters we don't have fanart posted here. Maybe the rare occurrence in a thread as it relates to a topic, but never with any consistency. This is also not even the right section to bring that up. Locking this up.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1