• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! Author's Cop Craft Light Novel Gets 2019 TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nargun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
You do know that lolis can be legal age too right? It's a body type

OK, so.

It's a body type that in the real world only children have. Breast development happens in two stages and they happen at different ages: the "loli" body type is one where the first stage is largely finished and the second largely unstarted. This means that the breasts of a "loli" have a distinctive shape that adult women, no matter how small-breasted, do not have, and indicates an age of around... nine to fourteen, outer limits?

Go and read a girl's "so you're going through puberty" website or something, or a high-end artist's anatomy book such as you'd find in an art-college library.

It's not only breasts, mind: the same is true of hip shape and shoulders and face features and what-have-you: a good anatomy book should list most of this. But breast development stages are easy to show, so.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
That key visual looks pretty cool. Reading the premise and knowing that it’s by Shoji Gatoh has me very intrigued in this series. It might only be me, but I have a weird hope that Kyoto Animation could be the studio animating this one. That may just be a pipe dream, but they have animated series in the past that I never expected them to do, so who knows? Either way, I’m definitely keeping an eye on this.

Yeah, the premise and art from these two has me sold. Hopefully whichever studio's doing it does a good job. Feels like it's got a lot of potential.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
Catsplay wrote:
You do know that lolis can be legal age too right? It's a body type

OK, so.

It's a body type that in the real world only children have. Breast development happens in two stages and they happen at different ages: the "loli" body type is one where the first stage is largely finished and the second largely unstarted. This means that the breasts of a "loli" have a distinctive shape that adult women, no matter how small-breasted, do not have, and indicates an age of around... nine to fourteen, outer limits?

Go and read a girl's "so you're going through puberty" website or something, or a high-end artist's anatomy book such as you'd find in an art-college library.

It's not only breasts, mind: the same is true of hip shape and shoulders and face features and what-have-you: a good anatomy book should list most of this. But breast development stages are easy to show, so.

lolis can also have larger breasts too...you really should look up the definition lol. There literally is a "Oppai loli" tag for a reason too. Loli just refers to any little girl, they could definitely be younger then 9 and not started the "first stage" breast development you're talking (not sure where you got the information loli covers only ages 9 to 14), and they could be older then 300 years old based off fantasy tropes. This girl is obviously drawn to look like a legal loli and isn't meant to look like just a petite adult woman, or else she wouldn't be wearing school uniforms and swimsuits playing off typical loli fetishes.

Murata draws a lot of lolis if you go look at at galleries online with his art and these characters are tagged as loli so obviously its not just me thinking they're loli characters. And yes he draws NSFW loli artwork so be warned if you don't want to see that. Hell I guarantee there will be jokes where characters literally call her a little girl or see as such and she'll have to disguise herself as one in the story based off what the LN artwork shows.

So...yeah trying to use real world logic when it comes to anime/manga/lightnovel artwork which is already exaggerated isn't always the best and I definitely understand how puberty works okay? Thanks.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:26 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
This girl is obviously drawn to look like a legal loli and isn't meant to look like just a petite adult woman, or else she wouldn't be wearing school uniforms and swimsuits playing off typical loli fetishes.

Those seem like more general fetishes than specifically loli fetishes, especially the school uniform. Both are things every teenage girl going to school in japan would wear at some point, regardless of body type, and you would likely find both or at least the school uniform available as cosplay at love hotels. I'm not saying that this means she isn't a loli or that lolis don't wear such things, just that wearing a school uniform or school swimsuit doesn't necessarily mean she is one.

As for the series, I'm certainly down for a show based on a LN by Shoji Gatoh with art by Range Murata. I've enjoyed previous series whose source material had designs from Range Murata, especially Last Exile, and I've liked Full Metal Panic and Amagi Brilliant Park.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Yea, this debate on breast size and when they do or don't make you a loli, in the premise of when it's safe to hit on them and find them hot, can stop now. Beyond getting creepy it's completely off topic.
nargun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Yea, this debate on breast size and when they do or don't make you a loli, in the premise of when it's safe to hit on them and find them hot, can stop now. Beyond getting creepy it's completely off topic.

I actually can't bring myself to write the word 'loli' without scarequoting it; my skin doesn't so much crawl as run off and hide under the couch.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:11 am Reply with quote
Get whatever studio did Last Exile, if they are still around. That was a really good representation of Murata's art in anime format.

Also personally I am kind of excited for this, because I think Gatoh is a lot better than just FMP. I personally prefer Amagi BP, so as much as I like FMP, I think he has talent beyond that show.

Show Gatoh x Murata is a much watch, day one buy for me.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:12 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

The truth always hurts. I'm always amazed at how self delusional anime fans can be when trying to justify liking little girls. As someone has already said, a loli is defined by a body type. That of a prepubescent small girl. Age or dress has nothing to do with it. Madoka is a loli. Homura is a loli. Even this female character in Cop Craft is a loli. She can wear high heels, a leotard but she's still a loli.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 am Reply with quote
I don't know much about this but it looks exciting anyway, I will keep an eye out for more news of it.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
All of this argument about whether she's a loli or not is silly. She's not even HUMAN! That pretty much throws out any expectations about what an adult of the species looks like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3