• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - What Makes Zombie Land Saga Special

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred Lougee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel wrote:
I dropped this half way through.

I enjoyed it at first but the longer it went on it was not as good for me, I found it boring and just lost interest.

I think I made it about four or five episodes. I was mildly intrigued by the concept at first, but ad absurdium comedy is tough to pull off I I didn't feel they show's creators were managing it.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
so let's not start with the conspiracy theories please.

Indeed. Especially since mods have told users, including you Stuart, to drop this topic in other threads/discussions. That does not mean bring it up in a different one. I suggest you, and everyone else, drop it now. This is the only warning being given.
Daisylock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:39 am Reply with quote
^ I liked the show but is it really against the rules to correct people if they're misinformed?
Zapdos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:46 am Reply with quote
So nobody know which is the most popular characters from ZLS in Japan? According to MAL number of favorite, Kotaro is the most popular one, follow by Saki. Would love to know who are most favorite in Japan.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Fred Lougee wrote:
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel wrote:
I dropped this half way through.

I enjoyed it at first but the longer it went on it was not as good for me, I found it boring and just lost interest.

I think I made it about four or five episodes. I was mildly intrigued by the concept at first, but ad absurdium comedy is tough to pull off I I didn't feel they show's creators were managing it.

I made it to whichever episode was just a bland advertisement for that chicken restaurant, with no sense of wit or comedy, before I realized it's just another idol show but sometimes the character's faces are green.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Zapdos wrote:
So nobody know which is the most popular characters from ZLS in Japan? According to MAL number of favorite, Kotaro is the most popular one, follow by Saki. Would love to know who are most favorite in Japan.

A few weeks back, I was curious, so I went to HLJ's Japanese-language domestic storefront and sorted the ZLS character goods by "most popular". There were only acrylic phone stands and can badges in stock at that point, but it seemed like Yugiri's stuff was selling the best. I have no idea whether the inventory for that store is shared between the English-language and Japanese-language storefronts, though...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:04 pm Reply with quote
It certainly was a great show. From Sakura's tude, Lily's femineity and love, the Legendary Yamada Tae, and so much else. I do think it left a bit of an impact.

For a possible second, that I want, there was some talk that the fact that Yuugiri's past as a courtesan would be a really interesting contrast to the general idea of idols being pure and virgins, and could offer something interesting of strange expectations and ideas of being "dirty". And it should be a perfect end that maybe them being zombies could get out, and everyone could be okay with the imperfections.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2