• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The best anime story in the last 5-10 years you watched?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diko Jelev

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 am Reply with quote
Hi.

What is the best story you've watched recently?

- What did you liked about it?
- Did it came from Manga/Comics?
- What do you feel still it is missing?

Not an easy question I know. I love Ghost In the Shell (GITS) (almost all of it) and yet as many others they "managed" to mix it instead of leaving it in a good solid chronological structure.
I love it not only because it is a cyberpunk, but also because it has quite a social and philosophical reading on current and future events. With each new sequence they managed to simplify and flattened it.... but still better than the movie though Sad

Love the original 1995 version and project 2501 yet the later one with the same entity as The Laughing Man are not that bad as well. Maybe I love that there are no mainly purely evil characters. Each one is complex and true to his/her nature and experience. Just like the Game Of Thrones (not an Anime, I know, but lovely plot and great characters as well).

But forget about GITs and share your favourite story/plot/character?
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I am not super up to date with anime, as I have had a super long break.

The best story overall for me would be Fullmetal Alchemist. Or Wolfs Rain. I think possibly Wolf's Rain actually- it's a beautiful story, but also so incredibly sad. am so bad at describing the stories, but absolutely love the post apocaliptic mood, the search for Paradise, the compelling characters, the ending.
Fullmetal has a great plot, fun characters, and definitely a much more optimistic ending.

From recent stuff, probably Your Name and Made in Abyss. I did not feel they were missing anything, but I felt a bit empty when they finished, respectively. With MiA at least I now it will come back!
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:03 am Reply with quote
Best that I've watched or the best in the last 10 years?

10 years ago was early 2009. So...

Hunter x Hunter 2011, Anohana, Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, Made in Abyss, the Whole Cake Island arc of One Piece, Death Parade, My Hero Academia, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and I Want To Eat Your Pancreas were all great. If I had to choose the best one of all those, I'd say Fate/Zero, then Made in Abyss, then JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: DiU, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Steins;Gate, Anohana... and put the rest wherever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1