• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Takes 9 of Top 20 Spots on U.S. Monthly Bookscan December Manga List

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 am Reply with quote
It's a bit of a shame that the anime that usually had a new season in Spring isn't coming out until October with results like this in the Manga sales. Especially seeing as a lot of these sales are the first several volumes, meaning they're probably new fans to the series. I hope the delay doesn't hurt the rising popularity of the show.

In short, i want the popularity to keep going up cause I need this show to start caring more about making good merchandise that I can buy! It was hard to even find anything when I went to Japan last Summer.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Twilightmaster wrote:
It's a bit of a shame that the anime that usually had a new season in Spring isn't coming out until October with results like this in the Manga sales. Especially seeing as a lot of these sales are the first several volumes, meaning they're probably new fans to the series. I hope the delay doesn't hurt the rising popularity of the show.

In short, i want the popularity to keep going up cause I need this show to start caring more about making good merchandise that I can buy! It was hard to even find anything when I went to Japan last Summer.

But they have a ton no? I feel like every week Atai Kuji adds new merch. Then it just got like 8 figures. I can't keep up.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 pm Reply with quote
sad vigilantes isnt on the list. Its so much better than the main series.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Will there be any manga that can topple MHA's reign?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Edit: That was weird this double posted.

Last edited by Cardcaptor Takato on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Will there be any manga that can topple MHA's reign?

if Promised Neverland is truly the next Shingeki like lots of readers say it is, then HeroAca may falter in 2019.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
sad vigilantes isnt on the list. Its so much better than the main series.

Eh, it’s a good series but I wouldn’t say it’s better. They both do their own things so there’s not really much room comparison besides the same setting they use.
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:14 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
But they have a ton no? I feel like every week Atai Kuji adds new merch. Then it just got like 8 figures. I can't keep up.

There actually was very little. I have the nendoroid of deku and the statues of deku and bakugou, but aside from that even the official Jump store mainly had pins n such.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1