• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Big Order/Future Diary's Sakae Esuno Launches New Manga [2019-01-11]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
青白

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Ya this author really should have just stuck with pure fantasy. Every time he makes a serious story it just ends up being taken TOO seriously to reach the point of stupidity.

But is it just me or did his art style improve? The characters in the cover image look really well designed and sharp.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh no, please don’t.

I swear to god I don’t even understand what goes on in this guy’s head. His writing is so focused on big crazy moments that he doesn’t even seem to think about whether it’s at all coherent and I... kinda get the feeling that a lot of the weird stuff in his shows are based off his sexual fetishes
Suxinn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
But is it just me or did his art style improve? The characters in the cover image look really well designed and sharp.
That's because the image isn't Esuno's art. It's art from Miyuki Ruria, who drew the illustrations for the original LN.

Anyway, isn't this the first time Esuno is adapting someone else's work instead of writing it himself? Who knows, maybe it'll actually be good.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Suxinn wrote:

Anyway, isn't this the first time Esuno is adapting someone else's work instead of writing it himself? Who knows, maybe it'll actually be good.

Here's hopin'!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1