• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fafner Production Stays With IG Port as XEBECzwei Studio Is Renamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:45 pm Reply with quote
i wasn't interested in IG ports side of the story, i was more interested in knowing why Sunrise was chosen for some IP transfers. Maybe sunrise was a shareholder or maybe sunrise got a stake on xebec or maybe Sunrise bought xebec. Who knows
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:07 am Reply with quote
It's unfortunate seeing XEBEC slowly disappearing now.

If we are still fortunate enough to get a 3rd season of To Love-Ru Darkness, will it be animated by Sunrise instead? How would they even handle a heavy fanservice harem anime series such as To Love-Ru?
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 am Reply with quote
People are to pessimistic. Xebac being sold to sunrise does not mean thay will close the studio. It is an establisherd brand so most probably they will just continue using the same name and staff just under a new management.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:

If we are still fortunate enough to get a 3rd season of To Love-Ru Darkness, will it be animated by Sunrise instead? How would they even handle a heavy fanservice harem anime series such as To Love-Ru?
Sunrise has produced plenty of fanservice heavy anime over the years without issue like the My Hime franchise and Cross Ange.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
CANimeFan88 wrote:

Sunrise has produced plenty of fanservice heavy anime over the years without issue like the My Hime franchise and Cross Ange.

Yeah, I've watched CROSS ANGE but I wasn't so sure if it was worth mentioning. In fact I'm trying to forget that anime because of how dark and fucked up it is.

I'm also wondering if they are gonna bring back the same crew of the previous seasons (director, producer, screenwriters, animators, etc.). Or is it possible that the anime right will shift towards a different anime studio like High School DxD did?
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:28 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
CANimeFan88 wrote:

Yeah, I've watched CROSS ANGE but I wasn't so sure if it was worth mentioning. In fact I'm trying to forget that anime because of how dark and fucked up it is.

I'm also wondering if they are gonna bring back the same crew of the previous seasons (director, producer, screenwriters, animators, etc.). Or is it possible that the anime right will shift towards a different anime studio like High School DxD did?

you're telling me cross ange was dark? Are you sure about that? Sure thing you haven't watch a lot of DARKer animes which is kinda good for you. Cross ange was child's play.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:

Cross Ange DARK ? Laughing It is a comedy from A to Z and very enjoyable at that.
You want DARK ? Go watch Nobody's Boy Remi, and this one is a children's show.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
CANimeFan88 wrote:

Cross Ange DARK ? Laughing It is a comedy from A to Z and very enjoyable at that.
You want DARK ? Go watch Nobody's Boy Remi, and this one is a children's show.

I call CROSS ANGE dark because spoiler[Ange was almost hanged to death and hated by the people (including her own siblings) whom she thought loved her in her days as a princess plus we see innocent young girls getting chewed up by dragons which should have happened to those evil people living in the kingdom city or whatever. Later we see Ange putting a bullet in someone's head (are you seriously telling me that kids watch this?). And let's of course not forget that scene in the last episode where Ange is almost raped by the main villain Embryo. (I really wish he wasn't voiced by Toshihiko Seki).]

That about sums it up in my opinion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1