• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Märchen Mädchen Anime Delays Last 2 Episodes Again to April or Later

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
HoboSoup wrote:
Mhora wrote:
This is why I usually wait for anime to finish before even watching the first ep. Just by waiting for a home release you get a much better product(better animation and translations)

That's great if you've got the money. I prefer watching something online for a much cheaper streaming fee and then if I love it I'll buy the home release. Plus as someone who watches 50+ anime series a year buying them all is not within reason for me.

Nah, if you wait they often update the streaming releases as well. I buy almost zero shows each year.

Crunchyroll, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, etc never replaces the simulcast with the home video version. Only Funimation consistently does it and HIDIVE for Sentai titles has started to do it for their service. And you still have to pay premium subscriptions for those.

In any case, I personally always wait until the show is finished to watch. If it has production problems like this and numerous shows, or if it is censored, or if it has new scenes, then I always wait some more until the blurays come out to watch (subs retimed to JP BDs, then later buy the US BDs)
Thibaud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:32 pm Reply with quote
It is sad considering the hell the production has been through, but they should just cancel them and release them as special episodes at this point.
FTHarlaown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
If my sister, my writer can pull through; so can this!

I liked Maerchen Maedchen over My Sister, My Writer...but that's just my opinon.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am Reply with quote
The sad thing about Märchen Mädchen is that, unlike 'My Sister My Writer', it didn't look dreadfully doomed for a production disaster from the first episode.
MesousaGaby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 pm Reply with quote
This is what happens when new anime studios come out of nowhere; they'll likely have more anime studios than actual animators, and they force to make what could have been a decent anime instead known for all of the wrong reasons.

Honestly, I think we do need an anime crash at this rate. A lot of studios are just handpicking manga or light novel adaptations, most of them being either forgettable and trashy just to make a quick buck instead of legit passion. It just reeks of losing the anime spirit compared to the bigger studio.

Do we really need like...30 anime shows per season nowadays?
S0crates

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:05 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
The sad thing about Märchen Mädchen is that, unlike 'My Sister My Writer', it didn't look dreadfully doomed for a production disaster from the first episode.

Well, My SIster My Writer looked fine in the first episode. This shows that the people behind it could have done it well enough if given enough time.

MesousaGaby wrote:
Do we really need like...30 anime shows per season nowadays?

It think Konosuba perhaps have some of the blame. People allowed the quality to become bad in that show without punishing the creators, but Konosuba is a completely different type of show that doesn't depend on good art as much as shows like My Sister My Writer especially, and Märchen Mädchen also fall into the same category.

The problem isn't the volumes, but the business practices. They need to give their creators the possibility to succeed instead of trying to rush lower quality out the season window.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2