• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Island of Giant Insects Video Anime Unveils Main Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:17 am Reply with quote
By now, I am really feeling sorry for Takahashi-san being stereotyped as the fanservice character in almost every series she's in. Her nerves must be on its limits... Mad
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
By now, I am really feeling sorry for Takahashi-san being stereotyped as the fanservice character in almost every series she's in. Her nerves must be on its limits... Mad

with this series, it seems like most of the characters get into fanservice
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Inspired by this comment I spent a moment learning about her, as I didn't know her by name. She has been in roles that are familiar to me, but I also found out the following things:

- She is over 40 years old.

- She has been in the business about 20 years.

- I scrolled through some of her twitter, and paid attention to her pictures and especially to the ratio of pictures in which she shows visible cleavage to those where she doesn't. Her bio also starts with the words セクシー声優, i.e. sexy seiyuu.

In summary, I don't know what she personally thinks about her roles in anime and other media, but I'm not very worried about her nerves or their supposed limits.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:34 am Reply with quote
Believe it or not,I heard about this show on another site. I hadn't heard about this at the time but a lot of the characters I saw often got themselves in trouble. Most of the time,the people who got in trouble,were girls. It had stuff from the manga. And,what they showed was...well,fanservice. I can't put it any plainer than that. I have the feeling the anime is going to do much the same thing.
From what I saw of the video,this show seem to have that 1950's monster movie vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if they put in some weird music like a fermin or something like that. All you'd need next is a date and any remaining drive-ins left to show it. It's just that type of show. I have the idea this show is going to be cheesy. Really cheesy. Like Aaron Spelling-Ray Harryhausen-Willis O'Brien-type of cheesy.

As for a couple of posters worrying about one of the voice actresses because she seems to get these sort of fanservice-type of roles,I have no idea how she feels about them. She's probably thinking "Oh well. It's a living." That could be her view of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1