• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japan's Influenza Outbreak Strikes Voice Acting Industry

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:15 pm Reply with quote
does that mean that in the case of the two(Suwabe and Terashima) they will probably be replaced from their work?
unready

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Japan's backward vaccination policy

Japan, a country with socialized medicine, does not cover flu vaccines, even for children.

Quote:
In the United States, publicly funded health care programs cover vaccination against mumps, hepatitis A and childhood influenza. In Japan, individuals must pay for the same inoculations.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Yoshino Nanjo also has the flu, and will not be appearing at this weekend’s Grisaia event as a result.
shabu shabu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:45 pm Reply with quote
unready wrote:

Japan, a country with socialized medicine, does not cover flu vaccines, even for children.

Please do not use The Japan TImes. They are a foreigner operated website that seek to undermine actual Japanese publications and sow misinformation about our country. They are an anti-Japanese publication.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:48 pm Reply with quote
#892037 wrote:
Please do not use The Japan TImes. They are a foreigner operated website that seek to undermine actual Japanese publications and sow misinformation about our country. They are an anti-Japanese publication.

Japan Times is Tokyo-based, and even the company it is subsidiary of, News2u Holdings Inc, is Japanese...

Though I agree Japan Times does engage in some pretty dubious practices, specifically when they changed the term comfort women to 'women who worked in wartime brothels, including those who did so against their will, to provide sex to Japanese soldiers' and forced labor to 'wartime laborers'. ...Whiiich resulted in well-justified outcry from staff and readers alike. If that historical revisionism is what you take issue with I'm totally with you there Smile ...

Last edited by Blanchimont on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
unready

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:49 pm Reply with quote
#892037 wrote:
unready wrote:

Japan Times is Japan's oldest and largest English-language paper. The "anti-Japanese" stance, as perceived by a certain segment of Japanese people, is that it has also been generally anti-nationalist, for example not attempting to hide Japan's past of using forced labor or forced prostitution of Korean and Chinese women during World War II.

But rather than debate ad-hominem attacks on the paper, why not address the issue itself on its own merits?
unready

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
#892037 wrote:

Japan Times is Tokyo-based, and even the company it is subsidiary of, News2u Holdings Inc, is Japanese...

Though I agree Japan Times does engage in some pretty dubious practices, specifically when they changed the term comfort women to 'women who worked in wartime brothels, including those who did so against their will, to provide sex to Japanese soldiers' and forced labor to 'wartime laborers'. ...Whiiich resulted in well-justified outcry from staff and readers alike. If that historical revisionism is what you take issue with I'm totally with you there :) ...

They changed those references in response to people who said they were anti-Japanese. It was the previous lack of revisionism that some considered anti-Japanese.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:23 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Yoshino Nanjo also has the flu, and will not be appearing at this weekend’s Grisaia event as a result.

Added, thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I can't claim to know how accurate Japan Times is about its own country, but near the end they claim that "The U.S. has a strict “No Shot, No School” rule." Haha... no. I wish we did, but no, that's not a thing. There's some sort of stern recommendation in place, but apparently it's trivial to get your kid exempted for no actual medical reason. We're having a resurgence of nearly-eliminated childhood illnesses because of the anti-vaxxer movement (you can see one of them ranting in the comments on that article).
Sparvid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

Wonder if she'll make it to the final Milky Holmes concert on Monday...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1