• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majū Sensen Babylonia Anime Reveals Character Visual for Ishtar

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:09 am Reply with quote
The Aqua of Fate franchise has appeared...
deviljho0001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
I really hope Takeuchi stops character designing. The sameface problem is really annoying.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 am Reply with quote
deviljho0001 wrote:
I really hope Takeuchi stops character designing. The sameface problem is really annoying.

In this particular case, vague spoilers I guess spoiler[ there actually is a story reason why she looks like Rin.]
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 am Reply with quote
deviljho0001 wrote:

We've reached the true Singularity. Someone complained Rin looks like Rin.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:55 am Reply with quote
deviljho0001 wrote:

Instead of saying, "I hope he improves and adjusts his art style to be more diverse", you say the man should just stop doing a job that he probably loves? That's astonishingly spiteful. I can understand criticism of his art, but you're just bashing the man and saying he should retire.
pauladls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:09 am Reply with quote
ishtar -.- meh, because is literlly rin tohsaka
deviljho0001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:12 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
deviljho0001 wrote:

We've reached the true Singularity. Someone complained Rin looks like Rin.

Mad_Scientist wrote:
deviljho0001 wrote:

In this particular case, vague spoilers I guess spoiler[ there actually is a story reason why she looks like Rin.]

HoboSoup wrote:
deviljho0001 wrote:

Instead of saying, "I hope he improves and adjusts his art style to be more diverse", you say the man should just stop doing a job that he probably loves? That's astonishingly spiteful. I can understand criticism of his art, but you're just bashing the man and saying he should retire.

I am not complaining why Rin looks like Rin. I know who Isthar is. The thing is Takeuchi work got worse not in skill but in effort. Look at Melty Blood games, the character looks different. I know he is busy being a CEO but damn. Literally everyone looks the same

here, I hope I'm allowed to post imgur link
https://imgur.com/dPLWr8I and https://imgur.com/N8WGOLv
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:23 am Reply with quote
deviljho0001 wrote:

I am not complaining why Rin looks like Rin. I know who Isthar is. The thing is Takeuchi work got worse not in skill but in effort. Look at Melty Blood games, the character looks different. I know he is busy being a CEO but damn. Literally everyone looks the same

You do realize that there is a different character designer for the anime right ? and he isn't the one who drew Ishtar here or in the game so a weird place to complain.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:36 am Reply with quote
Dab1za9 wrote:
deviljho0001 wrote:

You do realize that there is a different character designer for the anime right ? and he isn't the one who drew Ishtar here or in the game so a weird place to complain.

Shhh, the other guy(?) picked the hill to die on. Let him/her die in peace.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:32 am Reply with quote
Dab1za9 wrote:
deviljho0001 wrote:

Also in game most of the characters in Babylonia have different character designers, so most of them look pretty unique. I have no idea how "they all look the same". The anime adaptation is following it's own consistent art style.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Terrible90sDub

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
I understand why they went with this arc, especially with the popularity of the characters in it, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed it's not the North American one.

Any anime that doesn't have the fun absurdity of Lion-Head Edison spoiler[going on about his robot army and capitalism to beat the Celtic army that has taken over the White House, which exists in an era before it actually existed,] is clearly missing out.

I'm serious, I would love to see portions of that arc adapted in a Carnival Phantasm type of way, haha.
ChestPains

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:57 am Reply with quote
Terrible90sDub wrote:
I understand why they went with this arc, especially with the popularity of the characters in it, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed it's not the North American one.

Any anime that doesn't have the fun absurdity of Lion-Head Edison spoiler[going on about his robot army and capitalism to beat the Celtic army that has taken over the White House, which exists in an era before it actually existed,] is clearly missing out.

I'm serious, I would love to see portions of that arc adapted in a Carnival Phantasm type of way, haha.

They have yearly surveys in FGO and the top two singularities chosen by fans (including myself) were Babylonia at #1 and Camelot at #2. So Camelot is getting a movie while Babylonia is getting this anime. I don't remember what the #3 was or if they mentioned it.
That said, revisiting other singularities isn't totally out of the question, though it is weird they kinda skipped straight to 6-7 considering the story picks up in America.

deviljho0001 wrote:

While I highly dislike Takeuchi and his recent designs... this complaint is in the wrong place. He actually had the other guy do Ishtar because he liked his design more, and he's only overseeing the anime which uses its own artstyle (not his), because it's kinda obvious you can't do a FGO anime using 7-10 different artists, one for each character at the same time.
Vitah-108

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:16 am Reply with quote
ChestPains wrote:
They have yearly surveys in FGO and the top two singularities chosen by fans (including myself) were Babylonia at #1 and Camelot at #2. So Camelot is getting a movie while Babylonia is getting this anime. I don't remember what the #3 was or if they mentioned it.
That said, revisiting other singularities isn't totally out of the question, though it is weird they kinda skipped straight to 6-7 considering the story picks up in America.

I guess the 3rd one would be either Solomon or SE.RA.PH.
Ashabel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:47 am Reply with quote
deviljho0001 wrote:

You do realize that there are only seven female characters in that first screencap, right? Fate/Grand Order has this thing called "alternates". It's perfectly reasonable to expect all five copies of Jeanne d'Arc to look like the same person because, y'know, they are.

But do tell us how Ritsuka, Waver, Iskander and Emiya look the same. That sounds like one heck of a hill to die on.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:08 pm Reply with quote
People can complain what they want. It doesn't change that the fanbase loves Ishtar and Ereshkigal a lot, not just because they're Rinfaces. They still are there own characters. Of course, they are not dissimilar to Rin because (why should I to tell spoilers to people?)

Saberfaces and Sakurafaces are also very popular, yet they still manage to be different characters (or are simply the same in different costumes). People love Mordred, Nero, Jeanne and Okita. People love the Alters. People love BB and Meltryllis. If they were just copies who no diversity, nobody wouldn't love them as much as they do. People are waiting patiently for the next Shirouface (Muramasa) to come out because they love him.

I bet once we get visuals from the Camelot movies, people will complain that Saber looks like Saber, only older and with giant boobs. I bet people will only complain about Saber's boobs.

Last edited by MajinAkuma on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2