• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony to Halt PS Vita Production in Japan 'Soon'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZestyLime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:14 pm Reply with quote
The Vita could have been great if they didn't use proprietary (and way too expensive) memory cards. People had the same issue with the original PSP and Sony didn't learn their lesson.
Nyghtwynd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I use the original OLED Vita I got on a near daily basis. My secondary one I got last year for a few other games I may feel like playing at the time without interrupting the primary's game. That's the non-OLED remodel, ahd to get one from Japan (nice Red colour, got a matching red Zeon case for it too).
My Vita games almost double my 3DS games. It's a great system in my opinion. If Sony were to ever make a Switch-like successor, the buttons and hardware from the Vita is a great launch point to improve on for that. I doubt they will.
Well, secondary might as well be homebrewed soon. Might buy a 3rd just in case.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:45 pm Reply with quote
ZestyLime wrote:
The Vita could have been great if they didn't use proprietary (and way too expensive) memory cards. People had the same issue with the original PSP and Sony didn't learn their lesson.

Vita still would have the problem of most of it's library being ports or crappy versions of games that were better on the consoles.
Xavon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Huh. I thought they stopped making the Vita a while ago.
jrockfreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:46 am Reply with quote
So am I the only person who still plays their vita from time to time? I mostly play visual novels on it currently tho.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:29 pm Reply with quote
ZestyLime wrote:

This right here is why I didn't jump on the Vita, even though I wanted one. I loved the original PSP, but paying $100 for 1 GB stick was sickening enough. I didn't want to do it again.

It'd be neat if Sony created a BC solution for PS5 where you could buy a USB attachment that would read and play your UMD & Vita carts. And naturally those who purchased things digitally could just download them.

Anyway, where can I beg Vanillaware to port Muramasa to PS4, like they did Odin's Sphere?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2