• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord' Novel Series Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:21 am Reply with quote
Not this bloody series...

spoiler[ Once they pulled an Usagi drop, I literally dropped the series. It's called "If it's for my Daughter" so why the author decided to pull an Usagi Drop makes absolutely no bloody sense]
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah... the novels are pretty gross. Sunk cost fallacy made me try to keep reading... and when the story eventually gets around to the "defeating the demon lord(s)" bit it's actually really cool... except that story arc only lasts one volume because the focus HAS to be on the ephebophila and incest stuff.

So: yikes.

An anime adaptation could still be... good. Cut the "romance," focus instead on the early slice of life stuff, then use the last 4-6 episodes for a revised "defeat" arc, and then pretend there's nothing more to the story than that.
Kai99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Kai99 wrote:
melton80 wrote:
i could see if they were blood related or if they hook up while one of them is underage but if it isnt those 2 conditions who gives a crap if they fall in love later in life, nothing icky about it just way to sensitive snowflakes.

So your saying you view it as perfectly acceptable for a person to adopt a young child in the hopes of getting with them when they are legal? Your perfectly okay with child grooming just as long as the person waits when they are officially legal?

You do know none of that was said in the comment right..? The guy above said that of they happened to fall in love later in life and they're not related in any way, then whatever. It's not like Dale went "Yeah boi" when he saw her. <.<

He said he perfectly okay with an adoptive parent/guardian who raised a young non-related child to get with them later on in life when they are legal. Do you not understand how that actually goes on in real life? Newsflash, it not a sudden "oh hey, your legal, you wanna go out", the romantic spin on it is already an option while the guardian is raising the child. There a reason why it isn't common for parents to get with their children after they've aged. The parental bonds prevent a sexual attraction from occurring. Those who find themselves attracted to their offspring regardless of their parental role, do so even before their offspring is legal. It rare for a reason.

This includes raising non-related children. That parental instinct usually forms when it comes to raising adopted children and for sexual attraction to raise is highly unusual. When it doesn't, and you find the two end up married when they are legal, than that means child grooming was in effect early on. Why? Well either the child is adopted/taken in for this to eventually happen, meaning they got the kid in hopes of getting with them eventually( and no, it usually doesn't start at legal age, it begins before) so that parental instinct is never formed, or they never formed that parental bond while raising the child and during puberty felt attraction and watched, manipulated, and groomed the kid to be open to it later in life.
Barry Chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 am Reply with quote
Really happy that it got an anime adaption this story is pretty heartwarming.

{Edit}: I edited your post. There's no need to post insulting comments that serve simply as bait to rile people up. ~ Psycho 101
Sukottosan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait watch this anime when ever comes out.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
So from what I've seen in this forum, this series has that issue about spoiler[a parent eventually ending up with his own child]. So apart from being yet another isekai series, it also has what I hated the most about the Usagi Drop manga. What a great combination! I'm not sure I'll be checking this out.

Its not even an Isekai dude, did you even READ the synopsis?
yasako

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
Not this bloody series...

spoiler[ Once they pulled an Usagi drop, I literally dropped the series. It's called "If it's for my Daughter" so why the author decided to pull an Usagi Drop makes absolutely no bloody sense]

Hey there, editor for the first part of the LN series. Smile Regarding the title, spoiler[You find out later that the "I" in the title actually isn't necessarily Dale.]

Unless things changed and made things clearer in later volumes (I had to stop working on it because I got a nine-to-five and something had to give), I thought that was a nice little tweest, at least.
Slashman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Kai99 wrote:

This includes raising non-related children. That parental instinct usually forms when it comes to raising adopted children and for sexual attraction to raise is highly unusual. When it doesn't, and you find the two end up married when they are legal, than that means child grooming was in effect early on. Why? Well either the child is adopted/taken in for this to eventually happen, meaning they got the kid in hopes of getting with them eventually( and no, it usually doesn't start at legal age, it begins before) so that parental instinct is never formed, or they never formed that parental bond while raising the child and during puberty felt attraction and watched, manipulated, and groomed the kid to be open to it later in life.

Well except none of that is a part of this anime or part of the manga so why are you freaking out about it?
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to this one. Some very cute moments.
Kai99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
Kai99 wrote:

Well except none of that is a part of this anime or part of the manga so why are you freaking out about it?

Who is freaking out. My question was towards a poster, not the anime. With how common incest/pedophilia is accepted in anime, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh, well this is news I didn’t expect to see today. As a reader of the manga adaptation, I’ve been having an enjoyable time with this series, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out in anime form.

Takkun4343 wrote:
I'd watch this anime, if only for the opportunity to react to various events with a "Dangit, Dale."

*Insert “I understood that reference” image*
Furuzaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 pm Reply with quote
They will probably only adapt the first 3 volumes. After that, there is no "daughter".
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:50 pm Reply with quote
And we're all acting surprised that a modern light novel gets gross?
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:10 pm Reply with quote
On one hand a story of a father protecting his adopted daughter from a demon lord sounds like an interesting idea but on the other hand spoiler[having it turn into a Usagi Drop situation is disappointing even if the anime adaptation never gets to that point. I am not easily bothered by stuff that happens in fiction and I consider Goblin Slayer and Magical Girl Site to be great shows but an Usagi Drop situation is something that goes a bit too far. It is difficult to be immersed in a story knowing that the character raises the girl that he marries.]
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:42 pm Reply with quote
After a bit more thought, I think I will check out this anime. There's the potential that it may not get that far into the LN series, and I am interested in seeing if things to play out the way others have said, that this series takes the "it takes a village" route in raising the child, and that the MC isn't around a whole lot.

Along with what yasako said, it does sound intriguing. No idea if the anime will get far enough to reveal that.

But, I will mention, what has changed my mind, is my thoughts on Raphtalia in Rising of the Shield Hero. I've yet to see the anime, but I have been reading the English LN releases from their begging. And, I've spoiler[never had any issue with how Raphtalia feels about Naofumi, even though there is the power dynamic issue for awhile. There's also something different that I noticed some didn't like either, where Raphtalia grows from a small girl to a young woman rather quickly, due to races growing via their "level", and not over time.This was something I was fine with accepting myself. Plus, it's a romantic feeling that I would actually like to see Naofumi reciprocate.] So, there's that...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4