• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Bulma Voice Actress Monica Rial Shares Alleged Inappropriate Encounters With Vic Mignogna

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:12 am Reply with quote
...You know, I was actually expecting something a little more detailed, like with Marchi.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
...You know, I was actually expecting something a little more detailed, like with Marchi.

Detailed or not, the apologists will swarm in to denounce her.
Barry Chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
Well done ann, continuing with the false accusations against vic really well done. (Removed name of a youtube channel. We are not giving platforms to conspiracy theories. --Crisha)
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am Reply with quote
Barry Chan wrote:
Well done ann, continuing with the false accusations against vic really well done. (Removed name of a youtube channel. We are not giving platforms to conspiracy theories. --Crisha)

Your vocabulary indicates otherwise.

Oh and I've checked (Removed name --Crisha), it reeks of typical right-wing dismissal of most criticisms as "people who care about social justice"
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am Reply with quote
Anyone whose spent any time around him can tell the claims ring true.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:

Ah, and there you popped all that popcorn for nothing.

This is detailed enough.

. . . . . . . I don't know why people find it hard to accept that someone could make something that you like, and also do bad things and hurt people and not be a good person.

It's like. I was reading a thing about this Renaissance composer who murdered his wife and her lover, and they were all like, "But he made such beautiful music, how could that be true? There must be some ~signs of evil~ in his music!"... or, he could just be a person with multiple qualities, like everyone else?
That doesn't make it okay, it actually has nothing at all to do with what's "okay" and what's not.

I don't know why the fact that Vic gave a good performance as a character in a show makes it hard to believe he would do bad things in real life, and makes people not want to believe that he did.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 am Reply with quote
Barry Chan wrote:

Look, I'm as dedicated to 'innocent until proven guilty' as anyone (in fact, I was admittedly on the side fully believing this was all false early on - after all, with it just coming and going away so quickly every time as it did before, it certainly didn't seem very likely. But that's changed now, due to the fact that it HASN'T gone away, the fact that it's only grown stronger, and the fact that people we actually know for a fact know him have put information out there - so it's basically become a case where I'm not sure how someone CAN'T believe there's at least something wrong, just like in the BIll Cosby case), but uh...why exactly should I believe a source calling itself something like (Removed name --Crisha) is exactly going to be any more or less unbiased than ANN or gizmodo or any other source out there? Hell, I'd be just as inclined to believe it's just as biased in an opposite direction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:26 am Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Barry Chan wrote:

Look, I'm as dedicated to 'innocent until proven guilty' as anyone (in fact, I was admittedly on the side fully believing this was all false early on - after all, with it just coming and going away so quickly every time as it did before, it certainly didn't seem very likely. But that's changed now, due to the fact that it HASN'T gone away, the fact that it's only grown stronger, and the fact that people we actually know for a fact know him have put information out there - so it's basically become a case where I'm not sure how someone CAN'T believe there's at least something wrong, just like in the BIll Cosby case), but uh...why exactly should I believe a source calling itself something like (Removed name --Crisha) is exactly going to be any more or less unbiased than ANN or gizmodo or any other source out there? Hell, I'd be just as inclined to believe it's just as biased in an opposite direction.

It's simple, typical ultra right-wing bias at his finest.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:41 am Reply with quote
The problem is that the haters are so pro-Vic (I'm not one, for the record) that they'll believe anything negative about him is blasphemy. Jamie Marchi & Monica Rial have spoken about their encounters, and it's messed up, practically violent encounters.

Most people also believe that if a woman speaks as a victim, she's out for something. Monica & Jamie are not out to better their careers, they are making their voices heard so that future victims won't be afraid to speak the truth.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 am Reply with quote
I feel like this (Removed name --Crisha) link reeks of self promotion...

Monica's story did resonate a lot with the other women who stated how they would be grabbed by their hair.

So gross :/

(Removed quoted post that was deleted. --Crisha)

I always knew there were people who didn't actually care about the situation but just wanted to throw their two cents around.

How you gonna come in and complain about people calling others "nazis" when you're literally calling anyone who shares their experiences as "liars" in the same breath?

You're so strange.

Last edited by tygerchickchibi on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:44 am Reply with quote
Hmm... I don't believe her as her accusation which is what these are as they have never been proven but she says "Just like what happened with Marchi".

Ok none of are experts on this but why in the hell would someone even talk like that?

Just like Marchi but give zero descriptions of her own. Also, even if it did happen that you try and kiss her which you either do or did not do. How do you try and kiss her and not end up kissing her?

Her story just seems so weak and based off of what other voice actresses have said.

I'm not a fan of Vic's either as I don't actually watch many English dubs, but her story... makes absolutely zero sense.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 am Reply with quote
Can someone just shut down Twitter? Just shut it down? It just seems a trivial app anymore. All it does is bring misery and suffering. I honestly don't know why people willingly use it all the time.

Then again what would the overall point of a forum be in the greater context of this argument? See? I can rebuttal myself.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
^
I deactivated my account a week ago. I used Twitter as an alternative for Facebook, then this happened. It's miseraabblleee
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Can someone just shut down Twitter? Just shut it down? It just seems a trivial app anymore. All it does is bring misery and suffering. I honestly don't know why people willingly use it all the time.

Then again what would the overall point of a forum be in the greater context of this argument? See? I can rebuttal myself.
This please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
I stand by Monica, Jamie, and the others. All of the hate they've gotten on Twitter and other places just for wanting to speak out about Vic's inappropriate behavior is just disgusting and appalling. Some people have even gone as far as to make them out to be man-hating harpies or making tasteless memes about them. They're not out to actively ruin someone's career or life. They just want justice and to help other survivors speak out about their experiences. What about that is so hard to understand?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14