• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Reanimated

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:52 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I’d argue that Blue Mary is the only reason why KoF XIV got a 2nd DLC pack. Next to Rock Howard, she was the most requested character and many people were very salty that she wasn’t in the 1st round of DLC along with him.

While I think vocal fans give the impression of characters being more popular than they actually are, I admit I'm underestimating her popularity and comparing it to the likes of Athena, Kyo, Kula, Terry, Iori, etc. Whenever I'd think of a guest char from KOF that'd make people wanna shell out money for, those are the safe bets. Though transitioning them into DOA is another matter, though they managed to make Mai work.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
There's already new Advance Wars just released - WarGroove on PC, XB1, and Switch:

Yeah that's more Fire Emblem than Advance Wars (both which were made by the same development studio). Also I'm not buying into that "spiritual successor" bunk since some people said the same thing about Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars which was nothing like the Advance Wars games.

In other words I want an actual Advance Wars title not some homage/knockoff.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:19 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Yeah that's more Fire Emblem than Advance Wars (both which were made by the same development studio). Also I'm not buying into that "spiritual successor" bunk since some people said the same thing about Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars which was nothing like the Advance Wars games.

In other words I want an actual Advance Wars title not some homage/knockoff.

Indie knockoffs are a dime a dozen. I remember people saying Stardew Valley was a Rune Factory spiritual sequel. It wasn't. Thankfully Rune Factory 4 and 5 coming to Switch.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:50 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

There's already new Advance Wars just released - WarGroove on PC, XB1, and Switch:

In any case, WarGroove is getting very good reviews, and everybody who played it are calling it the spiritual successor to Advance Wars, so don't take my word for it:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2