• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Blu-Ray Box Set 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

Congrats, give yourself a pat on the back and i'd offer you a cookie if you were local.

I'd pay the lesser amount as well, but Funi's version is OOP. If you can find it again, go for it.
Used copies are pretty easy to find on eBay if people just search for it. Fans always seem to act like all OOP anime are equally rare when they're not.

So I looked on the bay... you mentioned you got both parts for $60.. and that was new.
Take a look for yourself how much they are going for now.. New. Used discs are plentiful and their condition questionable.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

So I looked on the bay... you mentioned you got both parts for $60.. and that was new.
Take a look for yourself how much they are going for now.. New. Used discs are plentiful and their condition questionable.
Most of the used sets I've seen are going for around the same price if not even cheaper if you're just looking for the standard edition sets or the DVD version which is what I bought.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Steve Minecraft wrote:
And this is why Japan values it's own market over the American market. Japanese fans plop down hundreds for a show they love, which in turn rewards the creators for their work and ensures more installments of said franchise, while we're wringing our hands and refusing to buy anything but a budget boxset and insult those who do. Add y'all wonder why producers are so dismissive of the American fanbase.

Just because Japanese otaku suffer from collective Stockholm syndrome doesn't mean the rest of us should view it as a good thing.
cheapassgamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:02 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I will say it again, the price of these AoA sets is not bad. $200 for 64 episodes is a good deal, especially if you consider that Aniplex USA could easily have charged $500 or more for the whole series. Also, the original Funimation BD releases cost around $170 combined.

For those interested in collecting this show, get these sets now because once they go OOP who knows when the series will be back in print...probably never again.

Except for the fact that the Funi blu-rays went on sale many times for $30 each making the entire series $60... whereas Aniplex sets never go on sale.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5