• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Reveals Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle TV Anime for This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:26 am Reply with quote
This is pretty cool.

I enjoyed the anime somewhat, not the greatest thing I have ever watched but it was decent.
Ezodagrom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:25 am Reply with quote
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel wrote:
This is pretty cool.

I enjoyed the anime somewhat, not the greatest thing I have ever watched but it was decent.

This one is going to take place before the first anime, covering the game's story from episode 1 to 3 (the first anime took place between episode 3 and 4).

I'm rather interested in this one, there's no Earth/high school stuff at all, everything takes place in the game's world.
I just hope it ends up being 2 cours, since I think 1 cour would result in it being way too rushed for what happens in the game between Ep1~3.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:56 am Reply with quote
This is what it should have been to begin with. The first anime's whole "video game isekai" functioning as a long commercial for the game was a major turn off, and having that bleed into the actual game made me lose interest in playing altogether.
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Ah, that first anime was something else. Came to make fun of the absurdly stupid framing, stayed for the surprisingly well-done character dynamics. Seriously, it was the DUMBEST thing, but I was genuinely attached to its characters by the end somehow. I do hope we get to at least see its two main characters here (FINALLY A COUPLE, I should hope).
Ezodagrom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Karasu-Lacryma wrote:
Ah, that first anime was something else. Came to make fun of the absurdly stupid framing, stayed for the surprisingly well-done character dynamics. Seriously, it was the DUMBEST thing, but I was genuinely attached to its characters by the end somehow. I do hope we get to at least see its two main characters here (FINALLY A COUPLE, I should hope).

The previous anime main characters are very unlikely to appear, according to the game's story, it was the events at the end of Episode 3 that opened the connection between the game world and the anime's Earth.

Basically in the story that this new anime is going to cover, it would only be possible for the previous anime main characters to appear at the very end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1