• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkozero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:
Guys, I wouldn't be worried about it being as bad as season 2, since Production I.G. will be handling this. For those who don't know, season 2 was animated by Tatsunoko Production, so things should be fine now that the original staff are working on it.

The problem isn't the studio. The problem is whether Gen Urobuchi will work on it.
This franchise it's trash without him
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this means that it's coming out (in Japan and subtitled) this spring, this summer, or this fall? Also I wonder if this means Toonami will FINALLY bite on this franchise? I know we've got their original production Blade Runner anime coming...sometime, but Toonami could really use some sci-fi. The first 2 seasons (yes, BOTH of them) would make a fine replacement for Hunter X Hunter, with Season 3 coming next year!
Maleko Ai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
ScottWired wrote:
I don't get it...

How can there be a third season if there was only the first season and a movie????????

LMAO Laughing Well the OVAS can be the second season Laughing
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Man there is still so much negativity for season 2 on this site. Yes kougami wasn't in season 2 but that didn't make the season inherently bad as so many of you are describing.
other places besides this particular site had decent reviews for it. I di t know why this site was so biased against it when reviewing it but it still had decent scores on other sites plus I actually enjoyed it (hungry chicken. episode for the win)
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:42 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Yeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This right here!

Can't wait!
Also excited to see the three recent movies when we get some US blu-rays for them.

LagannImpact wrote:
I wonder if this means that it's coming out (in Japan and subtitled) this spring, this summer, or this fall? Also I wonder if this means Toonami will FINALLY bite on this franchise? I know we've got their original production Blade Runner anime coming...sometime, but Toonami could really use some sci-fi. The first 2 seasons (yes, BOTH of them) would make a fine replacement for Hunter X Hunter, with Season 3 coming next year!

I'd love to see it on. It'd fit so well with other stuff that has done very well like GITS. Really thought it might have gotten on back once it got greenlit for that second season, further showing how successful that first season was back then.
Oby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
junkozero wrote:
AutoOps007 wrote:
Guys, I wouldn't be worried about it being as bad as season 2, since Production I.G. will be handling this. For those who don't know, season 2 was animated by Tatsunoko Production, so things should be fine now that the original staff are working on it.

The problem isn't the studio. The problem is whether Gen Urobuchi will work on it.
This franchise it's trash without him

These days, Urobuchi is not a guarantee for quality. Wasn't he involved in the Godzilla anime trilogy? And we all know how bad itu turned out.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
So... I see no mention of Gen Urobuchi returning for this. If he's not involved, I'm not interested. We all saw what happened last time we trusted someone else with his material.
TexZero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't get the hatred over season 2.
It was a good parallel to the story told in season 1. It was very enjoyable if not a little bit predictable but what isn't these days.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:35 pm Reply with quote
TBH I thought season 2 was basically the "Dollar Store" version of season 1.

There were some good parts about it but it just seemed to repeat the same story like season one, but just a weaker plot.

I hope they can bring the other movies over to the states.
TexZero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
TBH I thought season 2 was basically the "Dollar Store" version of season 1.

There were some good parts about it but it just seemed to repeat the same story like season one, but just a weaker plot.

I dont follow this logic.

Season 1 was basically a lesson on corrupt justice. I.E Who watches the Watchers.
Season 2 was a lesson on judging the collective for the actions of the individual.

The stories and messages were completely different, elements of the execution may bleed together but to label one a dollar store version signals that you may have missed the messaging being showcased.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I watched both seasons just as you did.

I understood what the message was, it doesn't mean that it's necessarily good.

I thought it was bad. I didn't like any of it, and I especially did not find anything about the antagonist interesting, but I digress.

If you like it, cool. I'm not gonna knock ya for it, but please don't assume I don't know what the theme is about just because I labeled it "dollar store." I just wanted to call it that.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news, I dig this franchise. Cool
RealMTL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 am Reply with quote
Just be better than Season 2 and I'll be fine.
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:53 am Reply with quote
Oby wrote:
These days, Urobuchi is not a guarantee for quality. Wasn't he involved in the Godzilla anime trilogy? And we all know how bad itu turned out.

What exactly was bad about i? I enjoyed it.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 am Reply with quote
Sherris wrote:
Oby wrote:

What exactly was bad about i? I enjoyed it.

Too many people have sticks up their but because gen urobuchi didn't write season 2 and that kougami wasnt in it. But hey it still has decent score on MAL

My biggest complaint was it was only 11 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4