• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
Sherris wrote:
Oby wrote:
These days, Urobuchi is not a guarantee for quality. Wasn't he involved in the Godzilla anime trilogy? And we all know how bad itu turned out.

What exactly was bad about i? I enjoyed it.

I did too. Godzilla was very good as far as I'm concerned. Just wasn't what people wanted, I guess. And there admittedly was a lot of technobabble. Anyway, I thought its philosophical ramblings and the way it explored the competing factions were very Urobuchi-esque and as a result, quite interesting, and I loved the third movie especially. It felt pretty ballsy, and it was very satisfying.
#Marc123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Does someone know if the three new movies will be dubbed?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:02 pm Reply with quote
#849231 wrote:
Does someone know if the three new movies will be dubbed?

They have yet to even be licensed for North America yet.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Awesome news, I dig this franchise. Cool

This. Really glad we're getting more. Also, hopefully Funi announces the movies soon so we can have some idea when they're coming over.
Oby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Sherris wrote:
Oby wrote:
These days, Urobuchi is not a guarantee for quality. Wasn't he involved in the Godzilla anime trilogy? And we all know how bad itu turned out.

What exactly was bad about i? I enjoyed it.

I did too. Godzilla was very good as far as I'm concerned. Just wasn't what people wanted, I guess. And there admittedly was a lot of technobabble. Anyway, I thought its philosophical ramblings and the way it explored the competing factions were very Urobuchi-esque and as a result, quite interesting, and I loved the third movie especially. It felt pretty ballsy, and it was very satisfying.

Mostly due to the "exposition up the wazoo" where you see really really bland characters just standing around discussing things (the clunky CG animation also doesn't help at all). Unlike what Hideaki Anno did with his Shin Godzilla where he made a point about how bad it is when the old Japanese government higher ups are just sitting around doing circular discussions when people are getting killed left anf right by Godzilla out there. I focuses on their incompetency which then replaced by younger, smarter and more open-minded people in charge. Shin Godzilla itself has good pacing where you feel genuine interest and tension even when characters are doing preps for to fight back against Godzilla

The only way I can enjoy the Urobuchi's Godzilla Trilogy is to pretend that it's not a Godzilla movie and more about space refugees who wanted to take their planet back with lots of boringly-executed exposition. It's not the worst Godzilla movie, I'll give you that at least.
ArcueidMoonPie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:46 pm Reply with quote
How can people trash the 2nd season and say that the movie is good? I seen both and I rather watch season 2 then the movie. The movie only served as Kogami fanservice and contributed very little to the series.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
ArcueidMoonPie wrote:
How can people trash the 2nd season and say that the movie is good? I seen both and I rather watch season 2 then the movie. The movie only served as Kogami fanservice and contributed very little to the series.

At least the movie didn't outright ruined everything the series' conflicts up to that point represented tbh

PP2 was that kind of bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4